Anyone have a Duratrax Warhead EVO.....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lstxxl2012

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have a Duratrax evo Nitro MT. It runs pretty good and I have not had any issues except the reverse hub which is made out of soft cast aluminum. I ground the rest of the tab off and tapped it with and 4-40 fastener and ground the head square. Now it works perfect. Kind of resembles a savage. Thank you

Man I had one of the first Gen warheads. Thing was a beast, I didn't care for the Thunder Tiger engine that came on it stock. I liked the warhead better than the Savage myself. Are they still producing parts for the warhead?

I also had a Warhead just prior to to release of the EVO. Seemed to be durable but I agree with Hulk,the Thunder Tiger engine left a bit to be desired.

Not sure if parts are still made,but most are available on eBay.

I also had a Warhead just prior to to release of the EVO. Seemed to be durable but I agree with Hulk,the Thunder Tiger engine left a bit to be desired.

Not sure if parts are still made,but most are available on eBay.

Man I was thinking maybe I can score one cheap off fleabay UMMM! Wonder how it would do with an LRP of some kind installed!

Yes the .27 Thunder tiger engine is pretty weak. I actually got this truck on a craigslist trade and the truck was covered in mud and nitro fuel mixture and engine was not running. I got everything looking and working pretty cherry but engine is still weak. I acquired a brand new .21 pro thunder tiger engine off a trade through Craigslist. The guy was a R&D at team associated and this engine works great. This truck is pretty awesome, its very tough, shifts good, and is balanced fairly well. I have found most of the parts needed on tower hobbies. Only thing I don't think exists are fuel tanks...

Why is my warhead evo go in reverse when I hit the throttle?

Back