Anyone got a how to on putting a tmaxx back together?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donbjazzbones

RCTalk Racer
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Anyone got a how to on putting a tmaxx back together?

Lol just figured id get ahead of the game because i know I'm not going to remember how to put this thing back together

Go to the Traxxas site and download the parts breakdown, they have multiple one and shows you every screw on the truck.

oooo thanks alot i searched the forums i new i seen the breakdown somewhere but couldnt find it

classic 2.5 with the black hardware

ummmmm help! lol i printed out the diagrams but this is like legos on crack i just need a video lol

Assemble the chassis componets first then assemble the diff and suspension and put that on the chassis as a whole unit

After you assemble about 100 of them you should be able to do it in under 20 minutes;)

Make sure you install the diffs correctly or you will be disappointed when you have to take the front/rear apart again...

I'm trying to figure out what way the steering bell crank installs lmfao

heres what i got so far..... just making sure everythings in the right place haha

2upddf7.jpg

and
25fnn1f.jpg

All looks ok except the brake linkage, it will never work that way and that beer, it needs more cans around it. Lol lol lol :hehe:

I see something way wrong, jeesh! When looking at the first pic, I notice nothing holding that Modelo except the table, why is that sir?! :hehe:

LOL already fixed both those problems.... just adding more progress pics lemme know if something isnt right, and just realised the past owner took the rear skid plate off :(
2dw517b.jpg

1215vlf.jpg

and for hpi and nikko

t6rzb5.jpg
lol nikko you can't see the others cans but belive me, for never taking apart or puting one of these things together I'm needing them.

The more you drink the easier they go together and they weigh less when your done.....

^^And now I'm thirsty, you see how the hand helps the thirst? I am going to buy a 6 pack now haha. Truck is lookin good buddy keep the cans coming, I mean pics

The more you drink the easier they go together and they weigh less when your done.....

haha so true..... would anyone mind taking a picture of there steering bell crank lol whatever its called..... mine is in but I'm sure its not right when i attach it, it seems to get in the way an not fully turn

Last edited:
Not sure if its the same model, but Bing is my friend sometimes for pics.
traxxas-tmaxx33-4908-2.jpg

Last edited:
I know the 2.5 and 3.3 tmaxx very well but at the moment i can't help you because i have blurred vision from drinking too much captain morgans and coke! I really can't even understand how I'm typing as well as i am right now!!! Good luck ask me again tomorrow around 12 pm for any help and mybe i will be able! And i just dropped ny dphone! Bamnit!!!

haha thanks yall, and dragon can i run it without that o-ring? to test it and make sure it still runs lol that is if i finish this project