Anyone ever had a traxxas nitro rustler ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerrard1889

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
If so what are they like compared to a hpi firestorm 10t nitro ?

The traxxas nitro rusty is probably more durable than the hpi. I have a rusty vxl. Bashed it hard about 10 times and have not broke a thing.

I hear good things about both HPI & Traxxas's ST trucks, IMO (in my opinion) it would be a personal prefrance as to what company you like better, myself would go Traxxas over HPI (hence the name) :D

I hear good things about both HPI & Traxxas's ST trucks, IMO (in my opinion) it would be a personal prefrance as to what company you like better, myself would go Traxxas over HPI (hence the name) :D

Yeah the Rusty is a ton of fun! I just wish I start breaking parts. I'm getting tired of stock plastic parts. Traxxas makes really durable vehicles. My friend has a slash vxl and he did not break much. Only right caster block and front sock tower. If your gonna bash, get the rusty, if your gonna race, get the firestorm or get an Associated GT2 and get a bigger engine.

Unless you want to go balls to the walls, get a Traxxas Jato 3.3 and try to hang on for dear life :hehe:

The Rusty has been kind of replaced by the Jato if you want all out speed. I have a nitro rusty and its a good little truck. Needs RPM bumper, front arms, and caster blocks IMO. I can't say about a firestorm, never owned one.

The front bulkhead on the firestorm is pretty weak and should be the first thing upgraded with either aluminum or an RPM bulkhead. Otherwise, it is a good truck.

The front bulkhead on the firestorm is pretty weak and should be the first thing upgraded with either aluminum or an RPM bulkhead. Otherwise, it is a good truck.

Is a bulkhead the same as a shock tower, also any other upgrades worth getting?

In some cases, the front shock tower bolts to the bulkhead, its the front end where all the bumpers, arms, and sometimes the servo mount is. It will be the un-boltable front end right after the chassis. <--If that makes any sense *hic*

Back