Anyone Else's Weather

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkey Wrench

My last words will likely be, Crap that didn't wo
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
My goodness! Did anyone else's weather just pull a 180 from Friday? It was gorgeous here in Cincinnati Friday, sunny and 70 degrees. Today, it's very cloudy and right at 35 degrees with flurries. Just sat through a second grade football game and it was just brutually cold!

Same here. And to top it off, I stepped outside to change the plugs in my car. No sooner did I get one done then it started raining. Needless to say, I was a bit wet and cold when I finished.

And the other sad thing is that I fixed my snowblower and got that running today.

Friday was 75 and raining like hell, Today it's 68 and nothing but sunshine!

yea weather sucks. It went from 82 to 50 then back to like 65 today. what the heck is going on

Up in Rockford it was like 68 on wednesday and thursday the temp drop and by friday it was freezing. In order for the ventilation to work properly in the arena they had to have the large stage doors open at one end. The wind was just howling through there and the pit area was so damn breezy and cold. It made your eyes water.

And the other sad thing is that I fixed my snowblower and got that running today.

The last two years, like clockwork, the day after I get my blower up and running, we get a huge snow. I think I'm pushing it this year, but we'll see.

I like the snow.
I have a snow blower that I got for Christmas a couple of years ago.
I'll never be without one again.

I haven't been outside for a while but apparently It's 6°C

Tomorrow -6°C and flurries

Wed it was 76 here, then Thursday was a high of 26. Shits crazy. Its been cold as hell here and windy ever since.

Went from 15 degrees with snow and ice on the ground to 29 with snow and ice on the ground. lol.

Was 70 here Friday.

Saturday morning about 65, not a cloud in the sky. Putting a new window in the living room.... About the time I got the old one out, one hell of a rain! Dropped down to about 40 degrees?

Been a high of 40 since then. Did manage to get the window in without a lot of problems. I always screw up and work on something like that when we have pissy weather. :shrug:

It was cold in the mornin on Friday... bout 50is and than got freaking hot. 90's somewhere. What the heck is up with that? Then on Saturday it was windy and hot. Sunday was nice and today was nice. Of course all my rides are apart. Perfect timing..

Its been rainy, cold and gray here in Oregon and on the coast.. I'm really sick of it already, but everytime i say that, someone goes "get used to it" and I get really pissed.

Man, I wish I had your all's 40, 50, and 60 degree weather.... here, when I leave for school in the morning, it's under 10 degrees, with 20mph winds today; and in the 15 secs or so it takes for me to take the blanket off my rear window, throw it in the bed, get in the truck, my slightly wet hair from showing FREEZES. It's that COLD.

(I put a moving blanket on the rear window of my bed topper thingy so that frost doesn't collect on the window at night, so that I can see out the back in the mornings)

Did I mention the ever decreasing daylight which will decrease to only 4 hours per day in Jan...

Last edited:
well its in the lower 80's wonderful trade wind perfect for kicking it with a margarita and watching hawaii collage football kick ass....lol

man it was like 75 here last friday and it went UP to 85 or so today....I'll trade hot humidity anyday for a few months of being within driving distance of a hill with snow on it.....hell I'm thinking of driving 13 hours to snowshoe first snowfall they get, just to ride 2 days......you guys all think living in FL might be great but it SUCKS......I have to breathe through a snorkel most of the year cause the humidity is like 80% and higher.......

Plaidfish said:
man it was like 75 here last friday and it went UP to 85 or so today....I'll trade hot humidity anyday for a few months of being within driving distance of a hill with snow on it.....hell I'm thinking of driving 13 hours to snowshoe first snowfall they get, just to ride 2 days......you guys all think living in FL might be great but it SUCKS......I have to breathe through a snorkel most of the year cause the humidity is like 80% and higher.......

Heck, I never said I'd rather live in Florida! I'd rather have a sharp stick in the eye than live there!

Monkey Wrench said:
Heck, I never said I'd rather live in Florida! I'd rather have a sharp stick in the eye than live there!

LOL..yeah I know being in the same state with me would be too many ID10T errors between us.....might sink the state or sumthin

Plaidfish said:
LOL..yeah I know being in the same state with me would be too many ID10T errors between us.....might sink the state or sumthin

Naw, it's not that! It's for the very reasons you listed: humidity, constant heat, old drivers, HURRICANES (both the college team and actual weather events), forest fires and a variety of additional reasons that decorum prevents me from listing here.

Don't get me wrong, there are positives to Florida: Cape Canaveral, Disney World, laws that prevent your home from being taken away.

I just need the season's, but I'd rather they change a bit slower than going from summer to winter in 24 hours!

Back