Anyone else...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaron030886

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
break something on there truck like every other day or one other day past every other day? Or is it just me? Cause I seem to, and I was just wondering if it's just me, or if it's just in the hobby to break things, and to go out and replace them all the time? lol If you read my blogs, you'll understand what I'm going through here! lol:)

i have broke something on my revo in less than a tank on the last 3 runs. its just part of the hobby, sometimes you do some times you dont.

i brake every other time too.I've been trying to make myself quit jumping ramps but I'm addicted to air.

bash, break, fix, repeat! its the name of the hobby

Everytime I take my Maxx down to my in-laws I tear it up within one tank. I just have bad luck down there. I bash it around here at home and rarely have issues. 7 or 8 foot jumps with a bad landing here and there, no problem. As soon as I get down there in W.V. I tear poop up. Pisses me off really. There's alot of room to open it up down there and I get over zealous and start running it where I can't see it very well. That's what happend last time when I tore it up good. RPM arms, titanium hinge pins, sheared a screw or two. That's when I decided to overhaul it. Just because.

Everytime I take my Maxx down to my in-laws I tear it up within one tank. I just have bad luck down there. I bash it around here at home and rarely have issues. 7 or 8 foot jumps with a bad landing here and there, no problem. As soon as I get down there in W.V. I tear poop up. Pisses me off really. There's alot of room to open it up down there and I get over zealous and start running it where I can't see it very well. That's what happend last time when I tore it up good. RPM arms, titanium hinge pins, sheared a screw or two. That's when I decided to overhaul it. Just because.

Ditto I am really hating this vacation at the in laws. (Not in part due to them they are cool) but every time I busted out the truck I broke something on it or really messed something up.

First the opti drive fails and I have no throttle or brake control, then had to replace the clutch, didn't realize that I failed to get the carb thingy back into the holder thingy that is connected back to the servo and fired it up ... flew out of my hands and launched into a 3 foot deep ditch full of water, $%^%$%^%$(*&^) yea took everything apart cleaned it put it back togeather and bust a shock rod that no hobby shop within 130 miles has. Screw this place never again with my truck

Screw this place never again with my truck

yeah, that's what I've said the last two times I took my truck on vacation. Then I just end up doing it again because apparently I'm addicted to fixing it. Hopefully after this next storm of upgrades I'll be breaking things very rarely.

you either have your mesh to tight or to lose. You have to find that perfect spot. I would strongly recommend checking and make sure your motor mount bolt is coming loose allowing the motor slip down and causing spur teeth to shear. Make a mark on the mount when you set it, run it a bit and then check again see if the marks are still lined up on the mount.

Last edited:
breaking things is just the cost of having fun. happens with all RC hobbies. I can't count how many times I have fixed my planes.

you either have your mesh to tight or to lose. You have to find that perfect spot. I would strongly recommend checking and make sure your motor mount bolt is coming loose allowing the motor slip down and causing spur teeth to shear. Make a mark on the mount when you set it, run it a bit and then check again see if the marks are still lined up on the mount.

Also..........Your slipper may be too tight......and/or.....The spur gear should be able to spin freely when it's all lined up...
This may sound stupid but are you cleaning off all the dirt before you put the engine back on?

Also..........Your slipper may be too tight......and/or.....The spur gear should be able to spin freely when it's all lined up...
This may sound stupid but are you cleaning off all the dirt before you put the engine back on?

slipper could also be to loose causing extra heat which is softening the plastic spur.

Well i got the new t-maxx 3.3, and when i first got it i broke crap on it all the time. Now that i am a little more experienced, i havnt broken anything in about a month...exept today, i cracked the fuel tank, thats it.

Thats the nature of the hobby. There is always a week link, just hope its not expensive.

Back