Anyone else Procrastinating Work?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfreak

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
It's kind of sad to admit, but there are so many other things I should be doing right now. If I dug post holes for a living, I wouldn't have this problem. I, however, sit in front of at computer from 9-5 working at my own speed on the projects I choose. I often have to use the Internet as a research tool, but 9 times out of 10 when my I'm on the internet, I'm poking around RCNT or some other "non work" related site. My work does get done in a timely manor, but it could be a lot faster and my conscience does get to me from time to time.

Am I the only fool with this problem? Any solutions? I admin the network and the internet access so limiting myself to certain sites is pointless as it's too easy to circumvent my own restrictions.

With that, I think I'll get back to work, but I'll be on again probably sooner than later.

Well lets just say no your not the only one LMFAO Iam at work right now..
I should be out at the welding shop doing something but I had to get my fix in

ZANDOR

I sit in front of a PC all day and WISH I could goof off like that.

Back in the day when I was a PC field tech I used to have lots of time to burn on the internet while waiting for a problem to be called in. I used to hang out on the Team Trinity forum all of the time. That was a looong time ago now.

sometimes I find myself with a lot of extra time at work, using that time to do extra work or not is what get's me. sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. It's kinda hard to slack though cuz being 2nd shift there isn't a whole lot of people to talk to so mostly I end up working more. Nothin wrong with that I guess. Better than those "8 and skate" 1st shifters :)

All I'll say is it's good to be a doctor....

FastEddy said:
We Own Your Productivity!
All Your Productivity Are Belong To Us!

Candyman, you do this inbetween patients? That's a sweet deal. But it really drives home why you have to wait in the room so long for the doc to come see you. You think he's helping other folks, but really, he's posting on RCNT!!

bigfreak said:
All Your Productivity Are Belong To Us!

Candyman, you do this inbetween patients? That's a sweet deal. But it really drives home why you have to wait in the room so long for the doc to come see you. You think he's helping other folks, but really, he's posting on RCNT!!

Don't tell his patients that or they might come after me to take down the site :D

-Michael

The projects have been few and far between at work as of late. Most of my web surfing at work is non related. Some of the sites I visit daily while at work are RCNT, TechIMO, AnandTech, Slashdot, RC Groups.

Candyman can you get back to work now I have been in your waiting room for hours.............LOL

I am the admin of a large 600+ computer network and about 12 or so servers. I have about 3000 users. It can get busy most times. But just for the pure fact that alot of the time I am in front of the computer I am able check in quite a bit during the day. You see I would have made a perfect Mod for that point alone LOL :) . I never see that Imbroken character at all during the day... hmmmm must have a real job I guess LOL

I spoke too soon... i see Imbroken on now LOL... It is kind of warm today.. not too many heating problems today :)

lmao.... Perfect timing I guess... Just stopped in for lunch, & had to sneak a peek... lol Get back to work you slackers...
See ya round 7pm, when I finally drag my ass outta the cold... Did I mention you guys SUCK... lol

Candyman said:
All I'll say is it's good to be a doctor....
Is this why Drs are always running late with their appointments?
I wish I could charge my Dr. by the hour for not getting me in on time.

I'm in front of my computer all day long. Its refreshing for me to look at the new posts every hour or so. Helps brake up the day.

ImBroken said:
lmao.... Perfect timing I guess... Just stopped in for lunch, & had to sneak a peek... lol Get back to work you slackers...
See ya round 7pm, when I finally drag my ass outta the cold... Did I mention you guys SUCK... lol

Get back to work.. I think you might have a call to Ivy acres at 4pm LOL

i found myself surfing RCNT this morning in auto shop... RCNT is addictive.

The real test is if you have to minimize your RCNT window as people walk past. If you think other people shouldn't see you surfing and RC website then maybe you should be working!!

/me drags ass back to inventory project...

I just wish that i could get paid while still being on RCNT all day like some of you guys. lol. :hehe:

Back