Anyone else having trouble with the Mini T steering servo?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumboldtBlazer

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
My steering servo is hit and miss. I have the steering rate set to max on the TX and sometimes it steers fast but other times and there is no method to the madness it seems like my steering rate is turned all the way down to minimum the after a minute goes back. So all in all it turns real slow sometimes and fast others. It is real inconsistant. When the steering servo works it works great and the thing turns on a dime but those other times I want to chuck the thing! Any one else having this problem? Should I email Losi?

seince your such a genious you should know whats wrong:tank:

Originally posted by gibson xtr3e

I was driving my Mini T and I thought hey it will go in reverse if I switch the throttle servo and it ran away at WOT so I stuck my foot out and broke a toe nail, and this one time at band camp...............

Originally posted by DarthRacer

don't be a prick dude.

HB - check out this thread started by a Losi employee. Lots of people are having servo issues. http://www.one18th.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=3719

Thanks for the info. I had already posted my question in that thread and it looks like Rich from Losi has answered me with the tech support number for Losi! :thumbup:

Originally posted by gibson xtr3e
Thanks for the help einstein. Humboldt, thats experienced by everyone, they said try some bearings

I do have the 8 4X8 unflanged bearings installed and it still does the same thing. Thanks for the help though Smurf!

The losi guy said the bearings would help..:doh:

I'm not being a prick just doing what he was doing to me:breakdown

and i guess tis has to stop its nothing but what i guess to be men arguing over some stupid poop.and humbold i appoligize for what ever i did that offended you it just that i made a simple mistake and you made a rude comment about it. and it wasn't caused by theipping of the switch it was caused by a malfunctioning receiver.lets just end this now and the BOTH of us stop acting like little old argueing bitches!I'm on this site for enjoyment and to learn things. just remember one thing "theirs nothing leke the smell of burning nitro in the morning":banana: :banana:

I don't have a mini T, but I'll ask anyway. Does it have a "normal" Rx and servo setup (like the micro RS4)? I'd bandaid a spare Rx on it to weed out if it's the Rx or the servo. Next I'd try a spare Tx with the spare Rx. Last would be to try another servo (and thus replace the whole radio system). Sounds like a radio issue to me, but I've seen servo do some crazy things too. Might be a bad batch of crystals.

IMO, RTR radios SUCK.

naw error it's got this funk little 4 wire servo that is smaller than a regular micro servo. In the servo case the is just the motor and gears and the electronics are in the reciever/speed control.

Well crap, I've got one of those Dynamite pocket racers (1/24th scale) that has a setup kind of like that with the Rx and speed controller in one package with some funky steering servo sort of thing. It turns ok, but steers like crap (actually drives better in reverse with the steering direction reversed. It's badass with a 6 cell pack, though it drives like a fork lift on crystal meth.

Anyway, is there any way to mod the mini T so it could use regular radio gear?

I am now going to try to mod my Mini T to take my HT micro servo, Novak Spy, and my JR R200 FM reciever. Wish me luck! I will start a new thread and take photos.

That's the spirit! Good luck.

Back