Anybody run an E-Savage?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Draggo42684

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm looking for an electric monster truck basher, just looking for some feedback. Don't recommend the Flux HP I'd love to have it but I don't have the money to fork out for it.

i have one. personally i love the truck. its got tons of torque, and a decent top speed on dual 6 cells. it could stand a bit higher gearing. right now i can punch it from a stand still and its on the roof. the only down side is i keep snapping driveshafts. but I've found some ideas on other sites i want to try.

i changed the springs to rc ravens triple rate ones, and changed the steering servo to a MG high torque one. i also have deans on the battery connection.

i havent had it that long, but its my favorite to drive right now. (i havent ran the baja yet so that may change :D) now if i could quit snapping the drive shafts i would be happy.

the tires are a good all around tread, that doesn't wear out fast on pavement, but still has decent traction.

the electronic setup is good, but HPI is notorious for there sub par steering servos. I've heard of people busting the diffs, but i havent gotten that far yet. the driveshafts are the weak link right now.

The new 16.4V E-Maxx is a kick in the pants. They are a ton of fun and "waterproof". I have ran them in mud through big puddles...just because there is a bit of rain does not mean you have to stop playing. I would recommend one for sure.
picture.php

yeah I don't care much for nitro and wish I did my homework, my jato has been a pain in my ass since I've bought it. fiddlesticker always wants to flip over on jumps, right now I can't figure out why when I start it up it just accelerates like a bat out of hell even with the radio off and the carb closed manually. I'm probably gonna bring it to the hobby shop get it fixed and sell it to get an electric monster truck and slap a Castle Creations Mamba Monster in it with dual Maxamps lipos.

save and get a flux. e-savage isn't worth it. ok truck but not a hardcore basher by any stretch of the word.

look on the forums for one. i just saw a mint one go for 350 shipped

yeah but thats rare for a 600.00+ 1/8 scale Brushless MT. I'd love to find another sweet deal like that but I ain't counting on that to happen.