Any Recomendations on a good hex head screw kit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbb4us

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I don't really like the phillips screw set that comes on the T-maxx and was wondering it anyone has any recomendations on a cheap(25 bucks) hex head screw kit for the T-maxx. Thanks

rcscrews.com is supposed to have good ones.

Check out Hexscrews.com . Conversion kit is a little pricey but well worth it.

I got kits from RCScrewz and Hexscrews for my Savage SS. The Hexcrews kit if far superior than the stainless kit RCScrewz offers. The stainless screws are not as strong as allow steel screws.

Read the facts here.

Go with hardened steal if you can. Skip the alum, titan and stainless sets. Just go straight for hardened still.

Who makes a hardened steal kit from top to bottom? I always end up getting packs of the sizes I need.

Oh, and get an asian Philips screwdriver set. Not American standard 1 and 2. Yes, there is a difference. And as of recent, I found out there are 2 more philips standards. One in the UK and one with a nipple on the end (forget what that one was called)

Anyhow, the Asian cut fits your Philips a boatload better. I buy the WFC brand.

If you want to make your own screw set, go to McMaster.com, & you will find all the hardware you need ...

Look under :

Fastening & Sealing
Socket Head Cap Screws

Thanks guys. I was looking for screw kits from tower but couldn't find any for the T-maxx does anyone know any from tower since I am going to place an order with them soon?

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
Oh, and get an asian Philips screwdriver set. Not American standard 1 and 2. Yes, there is a difference. And as of recent, I found out there are 2 more philips standards. One in the UK and one with a nipple on the end (forget what that one was called)

Anyhow, the Asian cut fits your Philips a boatload better. I buy the WFC brand.

Where can you find these Asian cut screw drivers? I'm afraid if I walk into the local hardware store the 70ish year old owner is probably going to look at me funny and laugh.

I suggest going to a hobby shop to get them.

They wont look at you odd.

I will get the EXACT names of the types they are.

I can recommend a set not to buy. The racers edge stainless set sucks. Strip them out all the time. I've broken about half of them off in parts while putting together or taking apart. Bigger headache than they were worth.

I've since been buying dubro screws 4 to a pack. It's a little pricey, but they are better than what I had. I have found some at my local hardware store that work well, but I'm not sure of the brand.

Hummm good set and $25 might be a long oxymoron. I use SnapOn drivers but they're overpriced as sin.

I could have sworn that I saw a nice looking set on ebay for $30.00 shipped. I'll check.

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
Go with hardened steal if you can. Skip the alum, titan and stainless sets. Just go straight for hardened still.

Who makes a hardened steal kit from top to bottom? I always end up getting packs of the sizes I need.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3184383791&category=34063

That's his alloy screw kit. 304 pieces, all ISO 12.9. Supplied in a compartmented, latching plastic box (all the bolts, washers and nuts are bagged seperately within.)

$17.50.

I bought one of these kits a while back and am completely satisfied.

Back