Any ideas?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpinestars199

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Does anyone have any ideas how to keep the backpressure line from the fuel tank on the exhaust pipe.?? It keeps coming off the pipe I've tried zipties but they don't work

Did you snip some off the line? With zip ties that probably won't help anyway.
Sounds like your pipe needs a stinger drilling.

Ohhh man i had the same issue with my pipe.. they made the nipple too small on it... what i did was put a ziptie around the whole exhaust pipe around the line and that seemed to work but from time to time it would still slip off.. soon after i got a new pipe.. it was only like 15 bucks for the HPI tuned pipe so i couldnt pass it up.

The baffle inside it has melted, causing the stinger to be partially blocked. The extra flow goes straight to the pressure nipple.

Ya ill prob just get a pipe off eBay for 30$

this is what i got http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HPI-Sav..._Accessories&hash=item58917f02de#ht_799wt_905

its for xl but all you have to do is just snip the hanger shorter and bend it up and youll be fine... plus ITS 16$ SHIPPED!!

The baffle inside it has melted, causing the stinger to be partially blocked. The extra flow goes straight to the pressure nipple.

^ is that possible ? the baffle is a pretty strong aluminum... the plastic would melt before the metal would...

I had the same problem with my hpi nitro onroad car. Since I can be cheap sometimes and sometimes I can be stubborn, I decided to use a rc clamp from a hobby shop. This is what I used to keep my line on my tank when pulling my pullstart:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXD751&P=0

I know the pipe is a very nice upgrade because it's on my XL and my MGT 8.0 but this worked for me.

this is what i got http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HPI-Sav..._Accessories&hash=item58917f02de#ht_799wt_905

its for xl but all you have to do is just snip the hanger shorter and bend it up and youll be fine... plus ITS 16$ SHIPPED!!

^ is that possible ? the baffle is a pretty strong aluminum... the plastic would melt before the metal would...

Any plastic t-maxx pipe I've ever seen has been all plastic, except on the original pro 15 maxx, it has a metal bolt through it.

OOps, all this time I thought we were in the maxx forum!

[SIGN]DER DE DER[/SIGN]

I'd still say something is blocking the stinger and sending too much pressure to the nipple.

Any plastic t-maxx pipe I've ever seen has been all plastic, except on the original pro 15 maxx, it has a metal bolt through it.

But.. its a savage pipe... with a metal baffle ... why would that melt ? Maybe I'm miss understanding... from what I'm reading is your saying that the baffle in side the exhaust pipe has melted ( in my savage the baffle is metal and dont think it would ever melt I'm sure the exhaust doesn't get any hotter than 200's )

Like i said, maybe I'm misunderstanding what your wrote.

But.. its a savage pipe... with a metal baffle ... why would that melt ? Maybe I'm miss understanding... from what I'm reading is your saying that the baffle in side the exhaust pipe has melted ( in my savage the baffle is metal and dont think it would ever melt I'm sure the exhaust doesn't get any hotter than 200's )

Like i said, maybe I'm misunderstanding what your wrote.

read the rest of the thread Bro.. ;)

Ohh he thought it was a t maxx thread.. ok.. cuz i was like * o_O?? thats not possible *