any difference between the electric and nitro receiver?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hernandezflo

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i hav a nitro on road car and lost my control and tried my hpi control with the same crystal on my on road car and its not working,why and tell me what to do.:angry::angry:

Certain crystals are for certain controllers and my advice upgrade to a 2.4 ghz radio system . I haven't heard of anyone with the old radios like u have in a long time. And also a failsafe would stop that from happening again.

There is really no difference in gas or electric receivers. I would also recommend going with 2.4 GHz receivers as well. Almost no interference and better range than the older crystal style.

I've been running 2.4 GHz Spektrum radios since I started back in the hobby a few years back with no problems.

You didn't tell us what kind of car you had. If you used an HPI Tx with an Ofna or Traxxas Rx, it wouldn't matter if the crystals were matched.

If you want a decent and inexpensive way to move into a 2.4Ghz then I would suggest the Flysky GT3B from HobbyPartz.com

Yup a upgrade to a 2.4 Gig system is the way to go with either an electric or nitro

its drift car looks like a 1/10th scale and I'm missing a tx for it so i was thinking maybe if use a am chan. and i did bought a traxxas 49 mhz,chan rx and tx and it still didnt work.i didnt wanna spend a lot of money on a 2.4 ghz cause i dont think its worth buying one for this car.i was just so happy that i got it running so my 12 yr old son likes it and i want him to play with it till he gets better and decide to get serious with drift cars rather than off road.

Back