Another sad attempt at a lid.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
I'm still the worse lid dude on the block.
There is an upcoming race right in front for my new store so I needed a lid to advertise my store.

I used graphics from my catalog and glued them on the inside then painted over them. It Sucks, but its better then nothing.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Man it looks really good! Whats wrong with it?

That looks pretty good for a rolling billboard, Eddy. And there's no doubt you'll see it on the track!

LOL
It was Yellow then I backed it with black and it turned green.
My wife said it looks like an apple with our name on it. The photos look much better then the real thing.

THATS ODD usually the pics look worse than the real one

Nice apple. Looks good

lol it doenst look bad in the pic... thats weird that it turned green. lol

Looks fine man... What possessed you to back it with black? lol What glue did you use for the advertisements? How did they come out, any fogging or residue visible? I tried the picture glue once, & it came out crappy... Figured that maybe I did it wrong... LMK

I think it looks good. All I notice is shading on the hood from areas of yellow that are thinner than others. Always hold a lid up to a light and look for thin spots before backing it. Also, if you had backed it in white, it would really have lit it up. Your graphics look good.

I used an extremely thin coat of FasCoat. The first one I used a brush and it fogged a little bit. The second set I used my air brush and they came out fine. I found the secret is to use a flexible rubber strip and slide all the extra glue out, then let it dry. I used my fingernail to remove any extra glue from around the paper that was on the body after it dried.

FastEddy said:
I used an extremely thin coat of FasCoat. The first one I used a brush and it fogged a little bit. The second set I used my air brush and they came out fine. I found the secret is to use a flexible rubber strip and slide all the extra glue out, then let it dry. I used my fingernail to remove any extra glue from around the paper that was on the body after it dried.

Sounds good, I'll have to try it again.. I guess I didn't get all the extra glue out..

Dude what you mean it sux you feeling alright that lid looks sweet ED nice job getting the ads to adhere. :cheers:

looks better than mine.. my first time i used krilon and dude hit a culvert.. the body held up but the paint exploded off of it so now its got clear spots.. lol ill get it better next time.. just use it as a learner and go with it.. give it a nickname like flying fruit..

Rolex said:
I think it looks good. All I notice is shading on the hood from areas of yellow that are thinner than others. Always hold a lid up to a light and look for thin spots before backing it. Also, if you had backed it in white, it would really have lit it up. Your graphics look good.

Yeah, and dont hold it up to the light while spraying or you may get your face too close and end up with black specs all over your face except where your respirator mask was. :whistle:

I think it looks pretty sweet! Where do you guys get those RCNT decals?!?! I want some so bad!

i got a few from robmob but i dont know where he got um.. i wish i had more to..

Back