Another popular toy recall!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoobydoo2u

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I caught this on the news this morning, and I am aware that a few of you have young kids so I figured I should go ahead and post this up..

Recall on Aqua dots and Aqua beads

Here is a clip taken from the story I linked to above..

2-year-old boy had fallen into a shallow coma with seizure-like movements and been rushed to the hospital.

Clinicians treating the boy suspected an inherited metabolic disorder. So Dr. Kevin Carpenter, a biochemical geneticist at the Children's Hospital at Westmead, in a suburb of Sydney, began checking urine samples for certain chemicals. What he found instead was gamma hydroxybutyrate, or GHB, a banned "date rape" drug that can be life-threatening.

Again the Recalled product(this is just one of the many different recalled 'Aqua dots and Aqua beads' products)
AquaDotsSuperStudio.jpg

GHB? What the hell is that crap doing in a childs toy?

Some people will do anything for a profit- even endanger others by putting something on the market that they really have no idea what it might contain/do to someone.

Might as well mass-produce a "destructinator 30000" featuring real flame throwing action and razor sharp titanium teeth.

Some people will do anything for a profit- even endanger others by putting something on the market that they really have no idea what it might contain/do to someone.

Might as well mass-produce a "destructinator 30000" featuring real flame throwing action and razor sharp titanium teeth.

Sweet! I'd buy one!

That 2 year old can't be too bright. On the top of the box it says, "4 and up", and on the bottom it says, "Choking Hazard."

What the hell is wrong with him? He obviously didn't read the label.

I'd be in favor of that. I'm looking to update my Devastator 2500. It doesn't have the Titanium teeth.

This is great, my daughter has a ton of the these things and I was going broke buying them, now I can just sell them at rave's and stuff and make a ton cash!:yes:

The titanium teeth are just to keep people from sticking their hands inside to see what makes it work. A small nuclear powerplant could do some serious damage in the wrong hands- BUT, it's completely safe!

Buy one.

I reckon I could use me about 2 or 3 of those!

My thoughts, exactly. I also think the nerdy kid on the box already slipped that bright eyed cutie a few.

:LoL:

Last edited:
Great... I have bought those for my son. Going to throw those in the garbage when I get home.

Personally, I had damn safe toys when I was a kid. Metal Tonka trucks with lead paint, old tires.....snakes. I never got put in coma by 'em. Oh yeah the best ever LAWN DARTS!!! I never got to have a set....sill want one.....look too fun.....and dangerous. Goes great with beer.

Personally, I had damn safe toys when I was a kid. Metal Tonka trucks with lead paint, old tires.....snakes. I never got put in coma by 'em. Oh yeah the best ever LAWN DARTS!!! I never got to have a set....sill want one.....look too fun.....and dangerous. Goes great with beer.

Thats cause when we were kids if one of our parents caught us sticking a toy in our mouths there would have been hell to pay.

My place isn't kid proof, so any time I have friends over who have kids, they get to play in a separate room where I keep matches, bug sprays and dry cleaning bags.

My place isn't kid proof, so any time I have friends over who have kids, they get to play in a separate room where I keep matches, bug sprays and dry cleaning bags.

No opened containers of De-Con or paint stripper? How about large sharp objects, like a sword collection?

Come on Rolex, kids love to play with knives!!! Guns are good for a laugh or two as well!

That's good stuff!

Lawn darts were awesome! Especially when you strap them to a stick and use a mini-compound bow to launch them! Man, childhood was great.

Last edited:
Excellent suggestions. I just ordered several dozen sets of Ginsu knives from Ebay, and just finished mounting targets flat against the ceiling.
I'll be Armoralling the floor in the morning, after I get back from the barber shop. He still has a hard time cutting it evenly around the lawn dart.

Back