Another New Guy to the Forum

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WutUp Clegg

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
Hello all.
Thought I would see what else is going on in the RC world.
I've been on and off in the RC world for a really long time.
  • First car was a Scorpion.
  • I own/owned Associated, Traxxas, Kyosho, Losi, and Tamiya.
  • I mostly bash, but due to my personal schedule, I only seldom race.
  • I currently run a Kyosho RB7.
  • I have a son who also races when given the chance.
  • Hobbies are anything outdoors and working on what ever projects are thrown at me.
  • I do have a YouTube channel. Nothing fancy or mind boggling. my friends and family talked me into sharing some of the stuff I do and know.

Welcome aboard! lots of good folks and info here....unfortunately I fall into neither of those categories. 🤣

Oh, I have a Turbo Scorpion. Currently gathering parts to build the Beetle out of another Turbo Scorpion. I have been waiting for months for the Beetle to come back in stock, but after talking to Kyosho America the other day, they informed me they only get maybe one shipment of the Beetle per year, and Kyosho always tells them it's the last one.

I already had a few parts to make the conversion and just needed a couple things, so I just ordered the rest of the parts yesterday. Now I just need another Turbo Scorpion to build one. Can't wait to get one of these built.
kyo30614b_2.jpg

Oh, I have a Turbo Scorpion. Currently gathering parts to build the Beetle out of another Turbo Scorpion. I have been waiting for months for the Beetle to come back in stock, but after talking to Kyosho America the other day, they informed me they only get maybe one shipment of the Beetle per year, and Kyosho always tells them it's the last one.

I already had a few parts to make the conversion and just needed a couple things, so I just ordered the rest of the parts yesterday. Now I just need another Turbo Scorpion to build one. Can't wait to get one of these built.
View attachment 135387
Kyosho states they still have some Turbo Scorpions in stock and eBay has some Beetles on there. I would love to get a new Turbo Scorpion, but I have the wifey said no way. Christmas is too close.

@Tunedpipe Thats funny. The very first car I ever drove was a bug that was stripped down. My friend's dad built it for his son to drive in the field behind their house. No windows, and stripped down to the shell. I was 12 then I think.

Kyosho states they still have some Turbo Scorpions in stock and eBay has some Beetles on there. I would love to get a new Turbo Scorpion, but I have the wifey said no way. Christmas is too close.
Yeah, I saw the ones on ebay, but I want to build it out of the Turbo Scorpion because it has a wider track width and longer wheelbase.

So, I saw this and thought "that's the most ridiculous RC I've seen in a while." Now I have to get one!

Scratch my last post. This is the most ridiculous RC I have seen in a while.

These have been around for a couple years now, maybe longer. I think they are cool but if I was going to fill the empty shelf, it would be a basher or another crawler.