Another lipo charger question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sage2k

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok, in a previous thread I was looking for a charger that had a built in powersupply. Well I ended up winning an ebay auction for a 12v DC power supply that outputs up to 30 amps.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130457083449&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

That should work correct?

If not I have decided to modify an ATX power supply.
Reason is it seems all in one charger/supplies only output up to 5amps and I'd like a bit more in case I use 6s batteries.

So now the 2nd question, what are decent chargers that take DC power and are under 100$?

:)

A 30 Amp charger should easily work with most single chargers. I can easily run my big amateur radio rig on it with headroom to spare.

Figured as much. The good thing is it has three different 12v outputs, so I can hook up 3 chargers in case I end up with a bunch of batteries I need charged at the same time.

Any recommendations on chargers with more than 5amp output?

I think I'd like to end up buying batteries that can charge at 2c so I can have quicker charge times. Or is this a bad idea?

Back