Amainhobbies or Nitrohouse

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessF

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I've purchased from Horizon hobbies once, living in canada I get charged brokerage fees up the wazoo. I don't shop there anymore.

I've bought things from Amainhobbies with no additional brokerage charges.

I haven't bought from nitrohouse, so I don't know what to expect.

I'll pay $30 more to buy from Amain, but with no additional shipping fees the cost difference is negligible.

looking for some opinions on which to go with, Amain or Nitrohouse.

thanks

Last edited:
yeah, well if what I just read on their website is true, they don't ship "car kits or engines" internationally.

that pretty much puts the hault on buying from them. I"ve since read that the brokerage fees are added when the US shipper uses UPS, FedX etc.

Anything under $50 and Horizon uses USPS to ship which is considerably cheaper for me, around $5 in additional fees.

If Amain allows shipping of items over $50 via USPS, i'm set.

thanks

I dont know anything about nitrohouse and that additional charge you get sounds lame, but Amain is about as good as it gets in my opinion, I'll usually pay alittle more to go through them just cuz I know I'll be getting what I ordered and fast.

so I just got home and there's a package waiting for me. Less than a week and it's here already.

Only issue, the Picco boost tuned pipe came complete with 2 dents. I took some photo immediately and sent them to Amain.

whether or not I shop there again will depend largly on how they handle this damaged item.

I'm sure it would still work, but come on. I just paid how much... I want it perfect.

Saweeeet buggy though!

i always order from towerhobbies.com