AM radio problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kswiencki

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok, so this might be a stupid question.
I'm running the stock radio gear (Traxxas). Its 10 degrees outside. Would the extreme cold affect the reciever?

not the coldness but if its cloudy it will it can cause a run away

Not sure if that's a joke... I mean... if he were broadcasting 30+ miles, then maybe, but I don't see clouds having an effect for something that transmits a few hundred yards at most.

The coldness will affect your receiver pack and possibly affect your receiver and servos if they have any weak solder joints in them.

The biggest problem with code, is that it makes parts brittle and kills battery life very fast. Running below freezing for too long can cut the battery run time to less than half of what it would normally be. NiMH cells are more prone to this than NiCAD as well.

You sure you didn't get the receiver, battery pack or servos wet internally? What are your problems? Or are you just hunting for info because you want to run?

the clouds will effect am bands and some power lines will i had to get a better trimsmitter and reciever for my ofna car cause of that

not saying it will run away but you might get soe servo glitching

qaart, I am an Amateur Radio operator. I know a LOT about radios and signal propagation along with inter-modulation and interference. YOU ARE FULL OF IT, KID!!!

You may hear some power line noise over the AM band--such as C.B. radio--but this will IN NO WAY affect the 25-27 MHz area of the band. AIN'T SO!

Last edited:
ok then why is it when i drive my car the servos glitches and get 40feet out of it when there are brand new batteries

In give up. YOU CAN'T BE THIS DAMN STUPID!!!

How do you figure clouds and power lines have ANYTHING to do with it???

not the coldness but if its cloudy it will it can cause a run away

SAY WHAT?

RCNT is noted for providing accurate information from experienced members.
If you're going to post something dumb just to respond, you will be corrected so that no one will pass on useless and incorrect information and tell others that they "Read it on RCNT".

If your radio is anything like the rest of your cars, it's quite obvious why it doesn't work the way it should.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok then why is it when i drive my car the servos glitches and get 40feet out of it when there are brand new batteries

Maybe they got wet and are possible shot. My servo's do that sometimes but it still runs fine.

if your radio is anything like the rest of your cars, it's quite obvious why it doesn't work the way it should.

True that!!!

Ok, so this might be a stupid question.
I'm running the stock radio gear (Traxxas). Its 10 degrees outside. Would the extreme cold affect the receiver?

Before this gets totally out of hand I will answer your serious question with a serious answer: While cold will affect the plastic case somewhat (may break in a crash) it will not affect your signal in any way. You are good to go my friend!

Let's see... Radio inter-modulation could be a factor if something is on or really close to your frequency.

A more likely answer is bad or frayed wiring.

Now PLEASE stop talking out your a$$. You have been put down more than once for this. One would think you would learn! If it's hot don't touch it. If it's stupid don't say it!!! PERIOD!!!

Last edited:
kswiencki, as olds97_lss said in post #3, cold will take a major toll on battery life. If you want to run in the cold, just make sure you have a fail safe installed.

Fail safes are a "MUST HAVE" for any R/Cs, but in the world according to quaart, you only need them on a cloudy day. No one ever has a runaway when the sun is out. :hehe:

Fail safes are a "MUST HAVE" for any R/Cs, but in the world according to quaart, you only need them on a cloudy day. No one ever has a runaway when the sun is out. :hehe:

your right no one has lol

Back