AM radio problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow... sounds like i started WW3 here....lol

for more information.
I have a failsafe. Venom I think it is.... (good thing i have it or I'd be posting aftermath pictures...) I live in a pretty rural area. We DO have overhead powerlines here. There were no clouds out. It was 12 above farenheit here... (i got frostbite from going out side for a 5 minute smoke..) Its the Traxxas TQ3 AM radio. I have the red crystals (27.045 Mhz). The Antenna on the reciever is not cut or modified in any way. I am running regular alkeline batteries (duracell) They are brand new. Anything else you guys need to know?

The alkaline batteries are probably the problem. A good receiver pack is better any day of the week and twice on Sundays! Alkalines can not deliver as much current as a NiMh can.

BTW--You didn't start a war. We just have to protect RCNT's reputation when someone posts crap information like he knows what he is talking about.

So are you saying your system is cutting out? That the truck is stopping? That would be the failsafe kicking in if so.

If so I would definitely say it is the batteries. As others have expounded--extreme cold will cut a batteries efficiency badly. Ever had a hard time starting your 1:1 car in extreme cold?

Last edited:
How would he know? You have to actually *run* your RC's for a failsafe to be useful.

*ducks and hides*

Yeah, you better duck and hide. I'm swinging a big stick in your direction. :stick:
There's a built in fail safe in my M11 2.4 system, and because of it the Savage has NEVER rolled off that glass shelf. I wouldn't be without one, even on a sunny day. :D

Yeah, you better duck and hide. I'm swinging a big stick in your direction. :stick:
There's a built in fail safe in my M11 2.4 system, and because of it the Savage has NEVER rolled off that glass shelf. I wouldn't be without one, even on a sunny day. :D

According to Mrs. Rolex, it's not *that* big. :hehe:

I have to agree with you on the built-in failsafe, they're super convenient. I'm slowly converting all of my rigs over to my Futaba 3PM. Those damned receivers aren't cheap though!

LMAO. That's because she has HUGE hands. :D

The Rx for the M11 is $150 on eBay. Man that's pricey.
I have an extra fail safe since I changed the electronics in the Savage, so I thought about putting it in the crawler. Then it dawned on me that a runaway would be VERY boring if I had to walk slowly to stop it.

LMAO. That's because she has HUGE hands. :D

The Rx for the M11 is $150 on eBay. Man that's pricey.
I have an extra fail safe since I changed the electronics in the Savage, so I thought about putting it in the crawler. Then it dawned on me that a runaway would be VERY boring if I had to walk slowly to stop it.

I'd pay money to see a video of that. Crawler Runaway: The Matrix Version