aluminum gas tank ??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knall

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I seem to remember hearing this was NOT a good upgrade, something about pressure.....

Tmaxx 3.3 is an aluminum tank a good idea??

Unless your truck is STRICTLY a shelf queen, never to be run, then never buy an aluminum tank. They are heavy, you can't see your fuel level, and they're completely unnecessary.

Aluminum tanks = waste of moneyz

What the heck is the point of that. It is not going to change the performance of your car. Big waste of money.

Yup, waste of money. Gonna end up running to get ur truck when it's runs outta gas cu u can't see how much is left.

You can install a level tube on them. There shiny nice lookin but bottom line they suck .Metal tanks were pretty much comon when i raced 1/8 scale cars many years ago they were fine if you had x-ray vision.LOL:D

Yea, 1 came on a parts truck I have..... wasn't sure if I should keep it for myself or pass it on to the next addict.

Id like to see this tank, post it up, maybe someone can jerry rig there own if its doable

Granted the alum tank doesn't offer any advantages (and aside from visibility, no real disadvantages either) I don't see what the fuss about being able to see fuel level is anyways. Even if I had a clear tank I can't see it with the body on anyways.

Wear a watch and bring the rig in every 6 or 7 minutes. Done.

As long as it isn't Integy, go for it.

As long as it isn't Integy, go for it.

In all honesty I don't see an issue with an Integy fuel tank either. Bulkheads, suspension components, shock towers... yeah those are no-no's, but a fuel tank is a relatively unstressed piece.

I agree with Lessen there. I see an alloy tank as a bit un-necessary but hey what ever floats you boat right? I don't see them as a "bad" thing just more of a...Why? Integy "MIGHT" be able to get that one right.....maybe.

I ran one on my t-maxx because I was busting tanks right and left. Broke 7 of them, then got a hurricane alloy tank, I think that was the brand.

I had a difficult time keeping the screws holding it to the chassis tight. Didn't seem to matter how much locktight I used, they still came loose every run. After a while of using it, the threads on the screw cap started to wear which caused filings to go down into the tank.

I ended up reorganizing the chassis and putting an OFNA 1/8 buggy tank on it, then had no more issues.