Aluminum A-Arms---What are your thoughts?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaeJae

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I am considering upgrading to aluminum A-arms on my 3.3. What are the PROS & CONS?? For those of you that have them, do you like them? I am told that it is better to stay stock...given a huge blow the plastic a-arms will take the blow and break, saving from much serious damage where as aluminum would transfer that force and break or damage more expensive components.

Any feedback is appreciated.

either stick with stock or go rpm..don't use aluminum you will just end up breaking stuff farther down the line

What you have read isn't wrong. Aluminum has it's place on RC's, but IMO, shock towers and arms are not two of those places.

Go with RPM. Less likely to break than stock and even if they do, replacement only costs shipping.

Yeah amn, Like these guys said, Go with either stock or rpm... These things take a beating and plastic just give enough flex to keep everything together.. The rpm arms are strong but you can get stock arms in sale lots for nothing... They aren't hard to replace so I just save the dough...
I have a set of rpm arms that are just sitting in the drawer because I can't beat them up knowing what they cost...
Stay away from aluminum.. Too heavy and will break other stuff. It just want give..

I have aluminum bulkheads AND aluminum shock towers. I run RPM A arms. you need / want the flex they provide.

heck I have pretty much aluminum everything...... you and I BOTH KNOW how these things roll over. You NEED the flex of plastic in the A arms.

I agree with everyone stock or rpm is the way to go I just bought a full set of stock A-arms off ebay really chaep and shipping was free. Plus aluminum adds weight these trucks weigh close to 10 lbs. as it is, so too much weight will hurt performance.

Back