Alternate uses for nitro fuel?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCDad

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well the only thing not electric left in my house is about 3/4 of a quart of fuel. Anything else I can use it for? ;)

Probably wouldn't work well on the bar-b-q

No that would not be recomended. I think there is a warning lable on the bottle that says "do not use on BBQ"

if you want to wreck brain cells at an astronomical rate just pick up huffing....or wait until your neighbor pisses you off and paint a big pentagram on the street in front of their house and start chanting nonsense about conjuring leprechauns while lighting on fire.....keep a water gun filled w/ it and use it to spray carjackers, real guns work better but I thought those are illegal in the Windy City.....I would give it to someone that could use it.....but that's just me

I'd probably send it to someone but there is so little it wouldn't be worth it. I may try it as a weed killer out in the alley.

Do not hold a lit match over the top of the bottle!!! My friend did that.. he kinda dared himself to do it... But anyway, it shot a light blue flame like 2 feet in the air and it turned half of his hand like a crispy orange color.... and it was a baaaad burn. NOT RECOMENDED!!!!!!

Sounds kind of cool if you did it remotely.

Dump it in a parking lot, throw match and watch the spooky flames at night.

How about build a ramp, get the fire going, jump my e-maxx over the bonfire, and take pictures ;)

You can use it to wash parts or to get grease off your hands. It works better than normal gas.

bigfreak said:
You can use it to wash parts or to get grease off your hands. It works better than normal gas.

And it also leaves oil everywhere.

With the cost of the stuff why waste it? Why not find someone who can use it, a kid maybe. I'm sure there is someone who could use it, as opposed to wasting it.

That's what I'd do with it......
waste bad....gift good

They only other RC'r I've found is Rick (from this forum) who is pretty far. I'll carry it to the track next summer and give it to someone, hopefully it will still be good.

Just make sure you store it in the closet away from sunlight. If you can. squeeze the bottle till the fuel reaches the top of the neck to keep air out as well as the condensation that will be soaked into the fuel.

Not sure what this thread is about, but the title says alternate uses for nitro fuel. whatever you do, if you have an old lawnmower and run low on gas, dont put nitro in the tank. It ran fine with 50%/50% gas/nitro, but when I was out of gas completely I ram 100% nitro. It started, most likely because it has gas fumes still around, but it clunked within 10seconds and the rod blew. So, nitro should only be used for nitro engines. Just in case anyone is as lazy as me and didnt want to go find a jerrycan to get gas. It was duratraz red alert, maybe that was the problem.

LMAO I did a similar thing recently with a Honda Cub 90. It run for about 20 seconds on the stand, then blew and funnily, has no compression now...

You could use the left-over fuel as an excuse to go out and buy another nitro car!

Seriously, donating it to someone would be a great thing to do. It'll put a big smile on some kid's face I'm sure :)