Alta electric MX.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
@HPIguy
To any mx fans, At the up coming Red Bull Straight Rhythm, Josh Hill will not be running a 450/250 4 stroke or even a 2 stroke but an all electric bike instead made by Alta.

Looks to have plenty of power, he rides it likes he's on a 450 which have gobs of power. This event, since they are usually just under a minute per race should be perfect for a bike like this too since I doubt run time is very long.

Preview of Josh practicing.

That's peculiar to watch... More to hear I guess... Just being used to the sound of exhaust for so long. Looks like the bike can get the job done tho.

Very odd to hear for sure.

It reminds me of an electric chainsaw... The future sounds funny!!!
Those damned kids and their damned electric Harleys!!!!

Lol! I went searching for some info on my 1:1 car yest afternoon... Found what I was looking for. Basically some measurements and if there Was anything 'special' to deal with. Sure enough, a Teflon washer that has to be pulled down over threads without damaging the inside of the Teflon... So Ford makes a 'special tool' to to this. Lol! A special tool... Its like a funnel that covers the threads so you can slip the washer down over it, then pull the tool out... Seriously???!!! I guess if you are using it a lot, it may be worth the money, but for me... A piece of heatshrink or 2, maybe a piece of copper tubing? Anyways... By the end of the 2nd video, I was correcting the ppl I was trying to get the info from. Talk about washed time!!! I suppose it was educational, but it would have been better if I muted it!:meh:

Pretty interesting. For things like straight rythym, it can work with current technology. For an actual moto, it's not going to happen. The streetbikes weigh roughly twice what the dirt bikes weigh, and they're still struggling to complete some events due to running out of juice. The technology will get there eventually though. And, I don't much care for the sound either. But, only because we're expecting something different because we're pre-programmed to.

It reminds me of an electric chainsaw... The future sounds funny!!!
Those damned kids and their damned electric Harleys!!!!
Funny thing is, Harley Davidson actually made an electric street bike a few years back and it was supposed to ride amazingly well by all accounts.

I'm sure there are a number of electric bikes out there. The main issue I see with an electric bike is the battery size, weight and capacity. Once the battery weight and size is appropriate, the age of electric bikes will be upon us. Not looking forward to that!

After being stuck on youtube, I saw that KTM made one as well. It was well received by the professional MX drivers riding it.

I'd don't like it!...it sounds too sneaky. I didn't hear a noise until he twisted the throttle.

On the other hand it would be pretty sweet idea for a hunting side-by-side, or a 4x4 a.t.v, you know where it would be nicer to sneak up to an animal whilst bow hunting.

Around here we already have bear hunters that are too lazy to get out of the truck until the dogs corner one, so that's the last thing I want to see honestly. I'm a hunter, and have no problem with hunting. But I have a huge problem with today's lazy as hell instant gratification mentality. Nobody wants to put any effort into anything anymore.

Not a Hunter but I totally agree with the instant gratification and the laziness of the world in general. Damned kids these days!
:rolex:

Back