Almost ready! Finally

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetmechG550

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Bout ready to fire up my LSP, man this has taken forever. FInished a lid for it, will post a few pics. Finally got a starter box so I can turn this P5X over. Just about there, maybe pics tonight. Can't wait to burn some nitro!!!!

Your gonna like that truck! I ran faster laps with that truggy then I could with my buggy!

by the way, about the p5x, i run one in my buggy, which may i add is my most favortie motor i have driven to this day, i have about 1 1/2 - 2 gallons of 30 odonells in it, and i still have an extremely hard time getting my ofna chrome top to pull it over. Get urself a blowdryer. But u will love that motor, i am going to get anopther one for when i get my truggy.

Give ur motor about 10 good tanks at about 200-210 degrees. This motor LOVES to run at 230-235. Very easy to tune, u should really only have to touch the high speed needle a little after break in. At about tank 9 begin running odonell 99 non turbos with odonell 30%, (use odonell 30% throughout whole break in process), but make sure to run 0d 99's, rb and nova plugs run okay in this motor, but od 99's seem to be the one. Goodluck!

Here's the lid:
LSP4.jpg

LSP5.jpg

LSP7.jpg

LSP8.jpg

LSP9.jpg

Congrats Jet... that thing looks sweet. I know what you mean about being excited once the build was over. I really enjoyed the build, but was so excited when it was over. I wanted to take it out and get it running right away. I had to wait a few weeks though because of weather. When I finally fired that CRT up man.... what a sound. I am in the middle of breaking it in now. Good luck and have a blast. That is a very nice ride.

Tom

Looks like a rear naked choke on the bed of the truck, right? Cool.
Nice looking rig. And just in time for the good weather.

Thanks! It's been a long winter. Yes Candyman that would be the rear naked. Thought about going with RNC Racing for a team name...RNC being Rear Naked Choke... as in I'm comin' up behind ya and you're gonna choke! LOL

Nice lookin truck, I love mine allthough it isn't the Pro-R-just the Pro. Man I remember when mine was that clean, I took it all down to the bare bones and cleaned it and installed the new 7075 chassis and it looks great but not as good as it did when I got it--lol

I know what you mean. You spend all that time putting that shiny new beast together and can't wait to get it dirty. Then you look back after that first good run and think... man I will never get it that clean ever again. That is why I take lots of pics... that way I can alwasy remember the day........

My gawd!!!! That frickin' P5X was a bitch to start for the first time! Nice once it fired but I was really starting to lose my patience with it. I've got three tanks threw it now. Now they are calling for snow on monday night into tuesday! Give a guy a break, I just want to get this thing broke in a get a few laps on it at the track, it's been such a long winter!!!

Weather wasn't that great but got three more tanks in it today. Ready to start tuning a little and turn some nice easy laps. If the weather holds and all the little birdies stay gone I may get to do that this week.

Real nice looking truggy, Jet. Would be better if the weather would cooperate!!!

Back