Airtronics MX-3 Horrible range < 100 yards

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys,

I'm getting really poor range with my setup in my savage. I have the same receiever in my maxx and I can run it about 200 yards without much of an issue. I use the same xmitter for both, I just swap the crystal when I change trucks.

I have the same type of battery pack in both trucks. With the savage, it gets out to about 75 yards and stops responding. I can't figure out why.

I don't have any nicks in the wire, nothing is getting pinched. I just don't get it.

Any ideas?

maybe your having metal to metal contact somewere? i know if you have an aluminum pipe on the savage it sometimes rides real close to the TVP. i run an mx-3 in my savage and i get great reception...although i do barely ever go out to 100 yards because the truck jsut looks too small and i can't see all the cool stuff going on lolz.

Thanks, but I put fuel line on my tvp right under the header. More so to prevent wear than protect against interferance.

I normally drive close, but sometimes in a wide open park, a friend of mine and I, cat and mouse each other. He can really get out there, but mine starts freaking out on me. And when your just futsing around and want to see straight line speed, I can't go real far before I have to turn around.

Does the antenna on the savage point straight up in the air like on the Maxx? This can hamper your reception. Since you have already checked for metal-metal contact, the only other thing I can think of is to check your receiver. First, examine the rx antenna wire to make sure it's not cut/scraped/bent anywhere.

Try switching the rx in the maxx & the savage. After you do this, if the maxx starts to have the same problems as the savage then you know that you rx is crapping out. But if the savage still continues to glitch, then there is evidently something being missed on the savage. Maybe check your batts to make sure they are reading 6V or look for some metal-metal contact. That's all I can come up w/ right now.

Later....

Back