AIM Problems??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AC48

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi guys,

I can't sign on to AIM for some reason. I have tried on all three computers in my home. All three are connected to the internet, and can load pages and stuff, I mean I posted this didn't I? lol

Is anyone else having any problems? I'm about to punch a hole through my computer :doh: , please help :help:

I don't use AIM, but sometimes just PART of the system goes screwy. This morning I could get on all the internet sites, but I couldn't get my Email.
It just sat there. Normally it just opens right up, but today it said 'authorizing' for about a minute, then changed to 'connecting', sat there for another minute, then told me it was unable to connect to 'Pop3'.
An hour later, everything was normal again.

Ok thanks Rolex, hopefully it'll back on later.

I'm on it right now...

restart your computer.

oh and i suggest not to punch your computer, i punched mine once and it just slammed shut lol... "laptop"

but dont ask me about walls, doors, and a tree :)

well i dont think it worked yet! lol... i dont see you online. later

I also have 3 computers here, connected through a router. When you can't get your Email on one, the other 2 can't get it either. I guess the same goes for AIM.

yeah... weird eh?? well on my laptop it works. but this was just freshly restored and has about 90 bucks of new virus, spam, spyware and other software on it to protect it. so it runs like a new computer with minor annoyences.

I don't know anything about laptops, but if it's going through the same ISP from your home, then the problem is in the computer, or all of them. If you still have a problem tomorrow, I don't know what to suggest.
Have you run a full system virus scan?
Just another suggestion, if you are running XP, and have recently downloaded and installed SP2, you might have to turn off the MS firewall that installs itself. I had to do that, and recently another member had a problem and I told him to do that. His problem ended also. Go to 'control panel', there's a new icon for it.

I have restarted my computer I think about 7 times, and logged on and off around 11 times, and absolutely no luck. I'm really pissed, but I haven't punched my laptop, or slammed it shut yet lol. I haven't installed SP2, nor do I know what it is lol. But I'm gunna try turning off the firewall anyway, just to see because I'm becoming desperate. All three of our computers are on a router, mine and my brother's are wireless, and my dads is a iMac desktop, and still doesn't work.

This really sucks ass, but thanks for your help guys.

Edit: Something I just noticed, I can't load aol.com or aim.com or anything, this could be part of the problem??????? I'm lost... :shrug:

Last edited:
Just like I mentioned earlier, it might be THEIR problem and not yours, but I'm not sure. I'm on my 3rd ISP, and with all 3 providers, there were occasions when I could surf but not get Email. Their Email server was a separate entity, I guess, but I don't know anything about AIM........Well, other than Ready, Aim, Shoot the computer.

Well... Have you done anything new after the last time you were online AIM? If so uninstall whatever that would be... Other than that... Run your virus shield.

Also I recommend the free Webroot Spy Sweeper, I bought mine but go to www.download.com and choose Spy Sweeper. You wont be dissapointed. You have a trojan somewhere. I hope this helps...

-Skyline

Oh well, you're right though, it could be their problem, but Skyline said his was working...:shrug:. Hopefully it'll work tomarrow though.

It might be just local to where you are. That happened here with that HORRIBLE aol that was the first ISP I used. I could get online, but couldn't get Email and called a friend long distance who had no problem. Also had aol. It took them almost 3 days to get it running again.

Hey guys,

I'm back online! All I did was turn off the router and the computers and turned them back on after letting them 'rest' for a little bit. My internet is much faster now too, I don't what happened butits working fine now :D

Sorry, man, I'm feeling pretty stupid right now. I haven't had to do it in a LONG time, so it never dawned on me. You can kill power for 20 minutes, or you can go to the back of the modem and the router with a ball point pen, and press the 'reset' buttons. I'm set up to power down EVERYTHING at the end of the night, and that includes the audio system and the modem and router, with one switch.
When I power up, everything resets or refreshes.
I'm glad to hear you're up and running again.

Yeah, I've had to do this many times in that past. I just never thought to do it this time because the internet was working, just not AIM. Usaully I don it when the whole system craps out, this just a fews little parts failing is confusing me lol...:shrug: oh well, at least is working.

Back