AIM Issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkey Wrench

My last words will likely be, Crap that didn't wo
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Guys-

If any of you receive an I'm from wrenchrevo with a link (and only a link) listed in the body, DO NOT CLICK ON IT! I did, but I also ran it through my virus protection and nothing came up, so I opened it and since then, my AIM application randomly starts up.

I'm still scrubbing my system, trying to find out what the deal is, but wanted to get the word out all the same.

Yes, I fully expect Zandor to light me up like a Christmas tree! Frankly, I'd be disappointed if he didn't.

Do you mean that it starts up right away when you turn on your computer? or it just logs in at random times while you are surfing the net? If you want to, hit me up on aim- Gemmeadia28 I'm on right now, ill tell ya how to fix it.

LOL I won't light you up but I will say I told you so!
Trust me I went through this crap last year..
I will never load aim msm aol or any other message service on any computer I own or ever own in the future...

Yeah, yeah you told me so! Figured I was somewhat safe since my brother set my system up when I got it (he's a network guru for Lenscrafters), but these asses are getting more creative everyday.

If you had lit me up, I'd of deserved it!

Now, if someone would buy that plane so I could get your Savage!

Hey folks. I believe I got whatever got into my system licked, so my apologies to anyone out there I may have accidentally infected.

Here are a couple links to some virus/worm removers that helped a bunch. One is from McAfee called Stinger, and it found four viruses in the registry. The other is called AIM Fix which is designed for AIM users. Both are free and do not require you to register or anything. May want to consider using them, just to be sure.

http://vil.nai.com/vil/averttools.asp
http://www.jayloden.com/VirusClean.htm

Again, my apologies if I infected your system. Purely unintentional!

I got the same I'm's but i never open the link's,i got a few from people i knew that said they never I'm'ed me,after i opened the link and got a virus.

Back