Aftershock - Let the Adventure Begin!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racer 1966

What are we doing today?
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well anyone who's been here a while probably knows I'm a Savage guy. But I bought an Aftershock roller so I can fix it up(which I like as much as bashing).
Looks like I'm going to be starting with an STS .28 engine. Anyone want to tell me where the weak points are on these trucks? :thumbup:

I got a bad azz Mach 26 motor for you Racer, it has some aftermarket tweaks for plenty of 'breathing' and easier after-run maintenance. You really can't go wrong with this motor.

Of course, you can't really go with it either. :hehe:

Good luck on the build and be sure to keep us updated with pics.

The wheels are the only things that i had problems with. In the 5 gallons of 30% nitrotane, all i have broken was one front upper control arm. (double backflip gone wrong)

the stock motor brace that goes from the upper chassis to the center skid is a HUNK OF CRAP. Buy the dynaMite brace and you're set there. When I started bashing hard ((way over the top stuff) I started busting fuel tanks so I got some alloy fuel tank mounts and put an o ring on the posts to add a little flex. That should fix most of the problems you will have.

the stock motor brace that goes from the upper chassis to the center skid is a HUNK OF CRAP. Buy the dynaMite brace and you're set there. When I started bashing hard ((way over the top stuff) I started busting fuel tanks so I got some alloy fuel tank mounts and put an o ring on the posts to add a little flex. That should fix most of the problems you will have.

What do you mean by way over the top stuff?

I jumped a storage shed with my Savage,errrrrr... attempted too! :hehe:

MrClean, you talking about the one with extra ventilation in the crankcase? :whhooo:

Thanks for the tips Coach and Alpine!

So far I've broken the stock motor brace, one shock shaft, and a couple of a-arms. I think I might have gotten a weak shock shaft to begin with, since it broke just driving around. Everything else broke when I drove into the wall.

So far I've broken the stock motor brace, one shock shaft, and a couple of a-arms. I think I might have gotten a weak shock shaft to begin with, since it broke just driving around. Everything else broke when I drove into the wall.

There's just something about those immovable objects............ :)

Back