After run oil

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My thoughts on it are that it works great on 1:1 motors, even with aluminum heads. I think you would be ok with it to use as after run.

It should be OK. Basically you want an oil that doesn't dry out/gum up and keeps a protective layer over the internals to prevent rust.

The non-drying film may cause issues with the first start up, it may have to be flushed out before the engine starts easily. I would try it on screws and links but I'd probably think twice before coating my engine.

I use an aerosol can of storage spray / fogging oil. A quick spray down the plug hole, spin the flywheel a couple of times.

Is spinning the flywheel good enough? That's what I did last time I put up a truck but wonder if using a ez start or pulling recoil gives better compression in turn forcing better displacent of moisture...?

Last edited:
I use Marvel mystery oil an I pull the plug ,put some in the cylinder an down the carb. ,an
I rotate engine before I put the plug back on.The engine spins faster with out plug an swishes
the oil around.

Is spinning the flywheel good enough? That's what I did last time I put up a truck but wonder if using a ez start or pulling recoil gives better compression in turn forcing better displacent of moisture...?
I just turn the engine over a few times.