After Run Maintenance

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeabajuice

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
After I run my nitro rc, must I use after run oil, and lubricate the engine and put shock oil on the shocks. Right now, I am not doing big jumps or bashing. Also do I need to drain the fuel from my fuel tank when i am done driving.
Thanks

Last edited:
Depends on how often you intend to run it. If you run it every day, don't bother with the after run oil or draining the tank. If you are only running it once a week or so, then when you get done driving, run it until the fuel is gone, and put a couple drops of after run oil in it.

Pull the pre-filter every day after you run it, if the filter is dirty or dry, clean it and oil it, otherwise maybe once every week or two

Your air filter should be two pieces, the filter and the pre-filter, which is the part that slides over the filter. The pre-filter doesn't need to be oiled, just the filter.

You shouldn't have to add shock oil unless you notice that they are leaking, and if thats the case then its is time for a rebuild.

You can replace the shocks, but rebuilding them is a lot cheaper.