AE pipe with duratrax header

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxxconfusion

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Does any one else run this combo?
I've been running it for a short time now and like it. I am looking for info from anyone that has this combo. good or bad. thanks :confused:

if it means anything I run the æ pipe with the hobby shop NJ big tube header and find the maxx is more powerful and sounds sweet.

-WoodiE

I too am running the AE with the NJBT Header and I agree with Woodie, However I just ordered two of those headers, one for my RS4 3 and one for the other T-maxx I am building now. That header looks very similar to the cen header, and the price can't be beat. I think the AE pipe is an excellent pipe. BTW is it ported already? My headers wont be here untill some time next week. I know it will make a big difference on my RS4 cuz the header it comes with is junk. I will be doing some comparisons next week with the Duratrax and NJBT headers and I will post my results after I am done. Sorry I couldn't be more help, YET :D

Heres a link to a pipe review that I found very interesting

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme3/rccarbroken/pipes.html

I got an ae pipe and i want a better header. I don't want the njbt. Its between the cen and duratrax:banana:

I had an AE pipe but I just couldnt get it to work like everyone said it would ? Dont ask me But I just wasn't happy with it.:D

Originally posted by RGfarm racing
I had an AE pipe but I just couldnt get it to work like everyone said it would ? Dont ask me But I just wasn't happy with it.:D

thats weird? I like mine:)

You running the stock header? thats what I was running. back switched to my stinger and now I have the cvec 135 I love it all but the price:confused:

You running the stock header? thats what I was running. back switched to my stinger and now I have the cvec 135 I love it all but the price:confused:

Yes, i am using a stock header.

Hey Dominator, wait until you replace the stock header :D I had my AE first with the stock header and now the NJBT, man what a difference :banana: I love that pipe, RGFarm I'll take your AE, LOL :p

Ncnitro does the header make that much diffrence? If so maybe I will get one a try it again. witch header are you useing?

id get the duratrax headerm because the nj hits the a arm when compressed, so after a while heat, and being hit will make it break... just a thought

RGFarm the header made a HUGE difference, the longer the pipe and header combo the more low end power you will get, the NJBT has such a big offset I was really amazed with the difference when I put it on. Nitroboy, your right it does touch the a arm under full compression but it barely touches, it did melt a teeny tiny little divit in the arm NOTHING at all to be concerned about, and has not caused any other problems, no broken a arms, but I just ordered two of the duratrax headers, one for my RS4 3 and one to try on the maxx I am building now, they are only $11 at tower, the NJBT is about $30. Once I have tried the duratrax I will let you all know the results, But RGFarm I love that AE pipe, try it with a different header and if you still don't like it I'll but it from ya :D Check out the link I put on this thread at the top it really explains tuned pipes well l think you might find really interesting

BTW the jersey hobby shop is currently working on a generation 2 header that will not touch the arm and can be used with the pro-line suspension kit. The original will NOT work with the pro-line kit.

Ok nitro I'm buying a new header on your word:D And if it dont work like you said I'll sell ya both of them:D The link was great Maybe I was a little hasty in 86ing the AE :confused:

hey thanks for the input. You can not beat the price on the duratrax ae combo. The header is much larger than stock although the port could probably be larger.

So which header are you going to get? Maxxconfusion, It is probably like the cen, I will just match port it with my dremel to the gasket size. The NJBT is already ported, but if you use anything smaller than an 18 tooth clutch bell the NJBT will hit the shock :( If you are going to get the NJBT I would wait for the gen 2, it should be out real soon

I wasn't aware of a new NJBTH, what could they do different with it? I have it mated with an AE tuned pipe and I love it. You can really tell a difference when you run with someone who has the stock set up.

They are redesigning it so it will not touch the A arm, and will be usable with the pro-line suspension kit, where as the first one cannot be used with the pro-line kit. I spoke to them personally and they told me a few weeks and it should be out.

Yeah You wouldnt happen to have a ling to were to buy the NJ header and the duratrax one you bought? Would like to see the difrence in them. Before I order!