Advice needed ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigRed666

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a big block revo and keep smashing up the one way bearing for the rota starter (12mm)
Have replaced it around 5 times only for it to go again always get one's that state electric starter / rota starter.
I have even bought one that was supposed to be upgraded and indestructible but that also broke its casing ????
Any advice ???

Then you want to switch to a sullivan tiger drive. Only but traxxas one way bearings. all other generic one don't hold up to the torque.

Sorry never seen this got a link to one ??

how new is the engine? when they are new and have a lot of pinch, it is harder on OWBs as it needs a bunch of force to turn them over. also trying to start a flooded engine can be hard on them as well because its building up too much compression. are you pre-heating the engine? will help to expand the materials and not be so hard on the components.

Always pre heat the engine.
It's a old engine but really great compression .
Going to get one of them and give it a try
Many thanks ???

What engine is it? What big block kit do you have?

I have the new era leaner kit that lets me use a pull start. I don't care for e-starters. Just one more thing to carry with me.

It's a picco omega x2 .21
With a traxxas revo big block engine mount

You can also loosen your glow plug a bit when you start your engine, after it has started, then tighten it. I used this method when starting/breaking in a new engine.

Back