Adjusting Brakes.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohmygahitscoby

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I realized I forgot about this. When I drove my Savage, I hit the brakes and it literally just flips over. The brakes are too strong. Is there a way that I can make it so that when I hit the brakes it won't flip over? The transmitter doesn't have the settings where you can make it stop at this percentage or something like that.

Loosen the adjusting knob on the side of the chassis. If you don't know which one it is, pump the trigger for the brake, and you'll see it move.

consider yourself lucky. I can't get the brakes working on my savy 4.6 at all.:\ anyone got ideas?

i have noticed a small issue in the brake cam and piston . THE piston does not hold the disc pads after the brakes are applied. probaly the simple reasons was that the brake cam did not hold the piston. remove the cam and re install the piston in the cam and the install in the transmission box at the bottom.
it should work

2 SCREWS that hold them? Really, would you have a pic by any chance for that? I just didnt know that... Mine are loose i know it but i could never know how to tighten them!

:goodpost:Ya!! be careful not to strip them if you over thighten them. had to modify one of the screw hole cuz i had striped it. but there is a loose even if the screws are all the way in.

Last edited:
Sorry to bring this back up everyone, but I think something else is causing this problem. I noticed that my Savage has dual brakes. Should I remove one of the plates and disks so it's a single brake or keep it dual braked for better brake-age and cut the fuel tube or loosen the knob like Rolex said? LMK. Thanks!

Leave the double disc setup. It's a heavy car. The control arm coming up the side of the TVP that the brake linkage connects to can also be raised or lowered with the grub screw at the bottom. That will change the amount of leverage the servo can put to the brake.