adding reverseo my savage 25

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chunga

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I figure I would start new post for this.MY othewr post was about steering servo, Now that I will have a extra servo can I use it for adding reverse?
I have a JR XR3i radio and receiver.I have had many situations I could of used reverse.My son and I are hardcore park bashers .so as with my other post send me in the right direction .Thanks to everyone this is a awesome site!!!!!

What I did after upgrading my steering servo was use it in the throttle position, then take the throttle servo and use it for reverse. Reverse servo doesn't have to do anything more than go full distance from time to time. You want the hard working servos to be the best ones.

Right now I have the same servos for T/B and Steering plus one extra.
They all 3 are JR Z590M.So I'm just trying to get some use out of them.I think I will attempt waterproofing one to see how it comes out.

Attachments

• R-C 003a [50%] [640x480].jpg
    R-C 003a [50%] [640x480].jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 158
The Z590M will be a bit overkill... You don't need very much torque at all to move the reversing linkage. A standard JR will be more than enough. You only need enough to move the linkage, and to hold it in place...

Personally, I use a pieced-together Airtronics 94102 (from various 94102's that I've had through the years).

What other parts are needed for revers on a savage 25? Do i need to change a bunch of parts?

you just need the module and a servo. youhave to take the trans apart and remove one shaft take the gears off it, put them on the reverse module and put it in.

you just need the module and a servo. youhave to take the trans apart and remove one shaft take the gears off it, put them on the reverse module and put it in.

Unfortunitly I'm at works so i dont have too much time to search, how much are these parts minus the servo?

Ooh, now you got me. Not sure on that. I know the mixing option is available on all computerized radios, but I don't know about yours.
Wait for others to reply. You might have to step up to a 3 channel.

if you have a 3 channel radio your good to go. the mixer is used on a 2 channel radio to activate the reverse. you hold the brakes for 3 seconds and then it activates the servo for reverse. with a 3 channel you do not need it.

Back