Acceleration Slide?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GilBeQuick

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
When I drop the hammer on my GT there is off-the-line wheel-spin. When this happens the backend of the car slides out to the right. How do I correct this so it will still track straight under full throttle accelleration?

offroad, you will never stop it.a heavier grease in the diff will stop it some, but not 100%. onroad, it shouldnt happen period....

It does it onroad going in a straight line. Hammer it and too much wheelspin makes it slide out to the right. I'm just wondering what are the normal fixes for this? Camber out of sync? Suspension load out of sync? etc etc.....

nope, its the differential effect, one wheel off the ground and it spins backwards. has why i said heavier diff oil/grease will make i take longer for it to spin backwards, which is why off road it does that al o, since terrain is usually higher on one side so it will pull to the right (the wheel spinning backwards acts like tank treads.. ries to do a 360*) anyways, onroad it will usually break both wheels the same unless you are turning or your susp. is even al itle bit different on each side, of course, you have to factor in wha is where on the chassis, since both sides are NOT equal weight.

Ahhhhh never thought about the weight! Good insight! That makes sense.... So now I'm wondering how to compensate....

Preload the left rear to give it more static weight than the right.

Depending on your car and it's engine configuration, most cars & trucks will try to lift the left front, placing more weight on the right rear. This gives it more available traction and thus tends to steer the nose left, swinging the back end out to the right.

Put the truck/car on the tweak board, load the left side harder than the right. Try it again. Should go straight.

Once it goes straight as a string, put it back the way you had it! The vehicle won't handle too well with all that static on the left side! But if you want it to go straight? LOL!

hahah, gotcha. Thanks for the help!

Does the RC10 have a slipper? Adjustable I should say. If so, loosen it a little bit. Not much, just a little.

You may just be surprised :thumbup:

Yes it does have a slipper. I'll try that too, thanks.

Back