ABADK9420's First Scale Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abadk9420

Broke Down Driver
In Memoriam
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Getting ready to start on my first scale build, a good buddy of mine hooked me up with a custom scale chassis and some Wraith tires and wheels, gonna use my shafty comp rig shocks, tranny, motor, driveshafts and axles which will get me started, now I gotta get my hands on a ESC and Spectrum RX, this will be a slow build and I will post pics as it goes together. That's it for now.:D

Aww I got all warm and fuzzy for pics and NOTHING!!! Haha can't wait to see this beast start to end!

Hit me up when you get into your body work and I'll throw ya a scale sticker sheet.

Pretty sure it will Curtis, hell your XR10 is a beautiful piece of work, I'm pretty cone stock on my honcho so you will probably out do me with yours :D but can't wait to see

Hit me up when you get into your body work and I'll throw ya a scale sticker sheet.

Will do thanks...

Pics, pics, pics, pics!!

:nopics:

:ghost: :pics-stfu: :)
There coming, I am putting the chassis together and have to drill out and tap a bunch of 3MM holes in the cross braces and tranny mount...

Pretty sure it will Curtis, hell your XR10 is a beautiful piece of work, I'm pretty cone stock on my honcho so you will probably out do me with yours :D but can't wait to see

Thanks we will see:D

Took a little longer then I had expected but here are a few pics of where I am at as of now, still a long ways to go, LOL!!!

DSCF2769Small.jpg

DSCF2770Small.jpg

DSCF2771Small.jpg

DSCF2772Small.jpg

DSCF2776Small.jpg

DSCF2779Small.jpg

DSCF2781Small.jpg

DSCF2782Small.jpg

DSCF2785Small.jpg

DSCF2786Small.jpg

DSCF2787Small.jpg

Well that's it for now, I switched out the skid for they EEM double reverse triangulation skid from my shafty comp rig, just had to take about a 1/16" off both sides and it fit perfect, same hole pattern too

Looking good. I would of sprayed the chassis black if it were me.

Small update, I picked up a new Holmes Hobbies Torque Master BR-XL ESC that is water proofed, a Hitec HS-645MG servo that will be for my winch, A VP 4-Link servo mount for my steering servo, and a RC4WD AluminumWinch Line Fairlead, King Kong small winch hook, and a winch line.

Some pics of the new goodies
DSCF2837Small.jpg

DSCF2838Small.jpg

DSCF2840Small.jpg

DSCF2839Small.jpg

DSCF2841Small.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Small Update

Just a couple of pics of how it is sitting at the moment, I got the 1.9 Axial wheels with the Pit Bull Rock Beast tires on it as well as a new battery mount and front bumper, A buddy of mine is gonna help me get it all buttoned up as far as the electronics go, just got wait for him to get settled in to his new place that he moved to.

DSCF3562Medium.jpg

DSCF3563Medium.jpg

DSCF3566Medium.jpg

DSCF3567Medium.jpg

Damn Curtis you got some STYLE! That thing is so sexy looking, I am ready for another scaler now!! MMM DAMN!

PS- I missed you buddy thought you left us :D and not to fade OT but I hope everything on your end is good man we worry about ya.

It's nice to see you haven't abandoned it, nice progress!

Looking real good man. Keep it up.

Thanks guys, I am still around, just been really tired after work and most of the questions have been answered by the time I get on. LOL! That and my wife has had gal stones for the last couple if months and will finally be having surgery this coming monday to have her gal bladder removed, hoping she feels better after recovery from the surgery.

ae8dd071-d318-41db.jpg

Got my servo winch mount finished and mounted

Sent from my HUAWEI-M835 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back