AB Mods Novarossi Toro Nero X-Dyno Results

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AB Mods

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Due to all the hype on the new Novarossi Toro Nero i decided to go ahead and see what this engine was all about and throw it up on the X-Dyno. This is where the hear say ends and the unbiased results begin! I decided to go with a Novarossi 9886 pipe set with a short conical header for the testing. Even though the Toro has a large stroke, it also has some very aggressive port timing... So matching this engine with a pipe that suits this is key, and the 9886 seemed to work very well in car so this is what i stuck with for the dyno testing.

The engine was thrown down in my personal 8T for about 3/4 to a gallon of fuel before it hit the dyno and the mod bench. My goals with this engine were to gain overall power and pick up the bottom end some more.. all without hurting runtime... And this mission was accomplished!! The Toro Nero now has all the bottom end, power and runtime that i was looking for!! The engine also runs about 20-30 degrees cooler "about 220F after modified and running it hard" and the power difference isnt just noticable on the dyno... in car this engine is one smooth rocket! I am averaging 9.5-10 minutes runtime on a fast paced open track in the 8T running Losi Nitrotane 30% on a 8mm restrictor.

Here are the results of before and after. The engine was tested stock to modified within a few hours apart for the most accurate back to back results. I now have these engines for sale on my website as well as the Plus 21-4. Anyone that is interested please feel free to contact me.

ToroNerostockVsABModified.jpg

The color is doing that.. I tried to sharpen the pic some but it didnt help much. The peak TQ # is 65.45 Oz/In on the modified graph.

Its funny when i take a screen shot its nice and clear... and then when i DL it to where i can post it up the pic quality goes to crap.

Back