Aaarrrggghhhh!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroWannabe

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ARG ARG ARG, damnit damnit damnit!! I get my HPI truck fixed and running good with new engine. I get my 1:8 buggy delivered, built and somewhat tuned (boo sport engine). All ready for some racing tomorrow....and its going to rain!!!! arrrrggghhhh!!!

:doh:

ahh, feel better now :)

Yea i know what you mean i got my gt plus yestreday and ofcourse it rains. funny how everytime you get a new car it rains lol8-0

Yup, had my Maxx for about two weeks noe and it ahs rained both weekends:angry:

So why is the rain stopping you:wtf:

its bad to break in cars in the rain because the filter may be exposed and well its just not good to break in your engine it the rain. sometimes we get pouring rain so i wouldnt even be able to see my car.

Originally posted by Hunter
So why is the rain stopping you:wtf:

Cmon Hunter I expect more from you, lol. I don't even like to run mine when the humidity is real bad. Because you are now not only mixing fuel and air but now you are trying to mix fuel with air that is heavy with water, this is not good for a nitro engine, you will try to tune it all day and it will run like crap! Water is NOT a lubricant. Not to mention if the servos are not ballooned you can damage those as well. Nitrowannabe you are right in waiting for the rain to stop.

I'm looking at both rain and snow for the rest of the season. I am bumming too!

THIS SUCKS!

Ok so I get it, its hot and raining right??? I was thinking do the break in under cover. like in a shed or something with lots of air flow. Not set your car/truck out in the rain when your doing it.

Originally posted by Hunter
Ok so I get it, its hot and raining right??? I was thinking do the break in under cover. like in a shed or something with lots of air flow. Not set your car/truck out in the rain when your doing it.

Ok, sure Matts, er.... ummm... I mean Hunter ;) Actually you want to drive it in large figure 8s easing in and out of the throttle to bring the engine through heat cycles and seat the piston in the sleeve properly, standing no load break ins won't do that. ;) I have not seen the owners manual for the new 2.5 however so that break in process might be a little different, I don't know.

Originally posted by NitroWannabe
ARG ARG ARG, damnit damnit damnit!! I get my HPI truck fixed and running good with new engine. I get my 1:8 buggy delivered, built and somewhat tuned (boo sport engine). All ready for some racing tomorrow....and its going to rain!!!! arrrrggghhhh!!!

ahh, feel better now :)
So a little rain never hurt anyone! You can do some cool donuts in the rain too! :D

My radio gear doesn't want to play in the rain :(

I balloon the servos, stand on my porch, and watch the rooster tails on my maxx. Thats the ONLY one I run in the rain.......

Paid 400$ for toy truck= no Fing rain! I don't need help breaking it i'm sure I will do that just fine in ideal weather.

No thanks, I'll be a wuss. I'm not a child, I don't have " now " syndrome. :cool: I'd rather break parts due to running than incompitence. When I get around to it I will completely water proof all electronics. And I mean, make them submersible, then I will run in the rain. We do it in the marine industry all the time and I have access to a virtual wonderland of componets.-xmas-

Smart move Maxxamillion, I totally agree! Why ruin a $400++++ toy because you have no patience. Now we all know why ElPirata is ALWAYs fixing his T, lol ;)

The water has never stopped my t, well only twice when I turned it into a submarine but I had it going again within an hour.

I hear ya dude, I just don't want to hav to worry about things that I can easly prevent.

Hehehehe - my wife even digs the rooster tails. It TRULY is a cool site to see. Even though afterwards I am running for the heat gun and the air compressor sweating the whole time.

Have yet to have any rust or ruin........

Balloons are key! Not suggested to run in the rain for ametures! Truly a diehard game.......

Originally posted by El Pirata
The water has never stopped my t, well only twice when I turned it into a submarine but I had it going again within an hour.

Been there done that...and the only reason you were up in an hour? Yes, thank you very much. ;)