a little help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imnotsure

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I finished the build on the AD xxxnt but I’m waiting on a good deal on a os tr .12 & radio. Anyone has a cheep radio I’m interested. Back to the question the diff set up looks a little on the week side I’m not understanding all the concaved washers, what is this for? I searched this and found that there is a spring that can replace them is it better and where can I get it. Also there is no way to loctite the nut on the diff it looks like it will fallout pretty regular is there a different setup in general ?

I have a hitec agressor for sale, look in the for sale section and look at hitec agressor, all the info is there,

well smurfola I was looking for TX RX sorvos etc. something like stock savage or stock t maxx .

imnotsure - i have 2 extra Hitec Lynx AM radios laying around. Would sell the TX/RX for 30.00

Is that the one that comes with the stock axis.

i dunno, i dont have the axis - its the one below, nice, has dual rate.

thrcj07.jpg

It is the same as the one that comes w/the axis I have one of them not what I want thanks.

What is the deal with the picco that A Drake runs is it a pos or what? I don’t know which one it is does someone have a link? It is a direct fit to the header pipe and AD.

Last edited:
Back to the question the diff set up looks a little on the week side I’m not understanding all the concaved washers, what is this for? I searched this and found that there is a spring that can replace them is it better and where can I get it. Also there is no way to loctite the nut on the diff it looks like it will fallout pretty regular is there a different setup in general ?anyone

When I bought my XXXNT RTR I quickly rebuilt the diff.
I highly recommend the:

HG Alloy Diff nut [HGI1800]
RRP Hard Al. Diff gear [RRP9500]
Losi Al. Slipper shaft & gear [LOSA9931]
Monster Diff Adj. Screw set [LOSA2910]

All these item #'s are from
Horizon Hobby

Not sure what spring your talking about, but I've never had a diff come apart...

Last edited:
the spring i'm talking about is down below. i found it at tower hobbies. apparently you're saying that it's a must have. since you have rebuilt your diff. i went to the local hobby shop today and they had no idea what i was talking about on the spring, of course my hobby shop isn't too helpful. can you explain to me why you upgraded your diff.? is it because it has a cheasy setup. and do you still use the washers?

I have the RTR Sport XXXNT. The diff setup was made with cheap (made for LOSI) parts as opposed to the actual Team LOSI parts. Msly & I both snapped or stripped our diff nut/screw during breakin tightening the diff as per instructions...
My Tranny is just about Bulletproof now. I beat the snot out of my truck & have'nt had a single issue with the tranny since the upgrade. It's been awhile since the rebuild, and I'm not sure if I used the washers again. I seem to remember a spring coming with the Monster diff kit....

Last edited:
let me check on it thanks for the info.you would think that they would come out with a different set up for this thing. now i could be jumping the gun on this,but the diff on the AD xxxnt is cheasy.

Back