A little battery help.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murphy41

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Can someone explain how the discharge rate works? Is it the higher the "c" rating the slower it discharges or the opposite? And how the "s" rating, Mah rating, and everything "works" in conjunction? I've given up on buying a Turnigy due to them being BO. And I can pick up a Racers Edge 5200 mah 2s 20c for $40 and was thinking of doing that one?

The higher the c rating the more amps it can put out or "punch" it has and the 2s means two 3.7 volt cells wired in a series :) I run 5000mah 40c 2s in my truck

Good info, thanks! So the battery I mentioned would be good for bashing then huh? I thought maybe the 20c wouldnt be much fun for bashing. What's some of your guys thoughts?

Well are u gonna have a brushless system cause that will also be a factor in you cell count and c rating

Oh sorry, yes I have the Mamba Max Esc and Brushless 5700kv motor

thats what i ran for a long time and a 35c 2s 3000 -5000mah would be fun for bash and race but thats my opinion you could run nimh if you wanted to lol

@Murphy I ran that same exact set up in my slash 2wheel and it was great for bashing at our local track. up until the esc decided to quit.:mad:

O and I ran 5200 30c 2s with 19/86 gearing.

So do you think the 20c would be a little nicer on the ESC? Id really like a lipo battery. I'm running a 14/90 gearing, but have about 12 different pinion gears, from 13 to 25-26? I think? LOL and two more 90t spur gears if you think re gearing with the lipo might help me save the ESC?

I bought a racers edge 5000 20c 2s so well see how well she works! :)

how do you like that motor you are running with the max??

With the nimh batteries it is perfect, with the lipo its kinda hard to control! Lol

So I got my bugs worked out of my ESC and got the 5200mAh 20c 2s Lipo in and this thing actually is pretty quick! I'm glad I only did the 2s cause its plenty for me!

But one quick question? Where should I set my lipo cutoff at? When i select Auto Lipo Cutoff on Castle Link it says 3.0v?? That seems kinda low to me for a lipo but not sure? I was told shut off at like 6-7volts even though its a 7.4v battery?