A Little Bashin' with El Pirata

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyMaxx

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm sure you've all visited El Pirata's post on our Bash Session and seen the pictures. Here are the few that I shot and a movie to go with it.

The tally, aside from what he has mentioned already:

1 stock center drive shaft overtorqued and separated (repaired on site)
1 Fantom Pull start spring let go (this was a known bad quantity going in, I had done a home repair on this problem...the repair finally gave up...had brand spankin' new replacement on hand...repaired on site)
1 pillow ball pushed into upper A-arm (repaired on site)
1 rear wheel de-glued itself from the rim (repaired on site)
1 set of electrics potentially fried do to submarine run on large puddle (repaired at home...final damage one stock tranny switch servo)
1 E-Maxx body slightly crushed (no repairs needed-the body was supposed to get trashed)

Alot of onsite repairs kept me running up until the very end. Bottom line is that I spent more time airborne or driving than repairing. I had a blast. I will require one servo but may end up replacing the entire lot. BTW the digital servo still works. :D

Here are two sites with the pictures and a movie:

http://homepage.mac.com/michaelbobulinski/PhotoAlbum11.html

http://homepage.mac.com/michaelbobulinski/iMovieTheater9.html

Last edited:
I like the video. My t is ticking me off. Did you read my post about the front diff? It might be the reason the thing was not running well.

That would explain some of the piss poor acceleration and the lack of a shift from whatever gear it was stuck in. With the front diff dragging things won't work nearly as well as they should. I may have smoked my rear diff, but I won't know for sure until I run it again.

As for the video, next time we'll shoot some of my T and see how things go.

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
That would explain some of the piss poor acceleration and the lack of a shift from whatever gear it was stuck in. With the front diff dragging things won't work nearly as well as they should. I may have smoked my rear diff, but I won't know for sure until I run it again.

As for the video, next time we'll shoot some of my T and see how things go.
Next time you won't have time to shoot since mine will be running so good, fingers crossed. The dragging rear drive shaft probably added to the poor acceleration.

I feel that I must file a formal protest. It's just not fair that some guys have their own Bulldozer to make instant tracks wherever they want!!:cool: Looks cool guys, keep the pics and vids coming!!

You can protest all that you want...just drive on up here and join the fun...:D

Man, I could do some damage with that thing!! Why......I'd have a banana!!!!:banana: :banana:

Tellin' him what? That we have a really big toy to help make our little toys more fun to run. You'll just get him all upset that he doesn't have one also.

The pictures and vids will continue as long as El Pirata can keep his T running. We will need to get someone to shoot some footage of mine...just to keep things fair. Plus I want to see mine on film also...:cool:

Originally posted by Fett
I feel that I must file a formal protest. It's just not fair that some guys have their own Bulldozer to make instant tracks wherever they want!!:cool: Looks cool guys, keep the pics and vids coming!!
Enlist in the Army to be a 62E, Bulldozer Operator and hope you have a cool beans Platoon Sergeant like I am. I wouldn't have asked one of my troops to do this had I not known he liked his job as much as I like mine!

Yeah...tell Matt, I say thanks again...he was really cool to do it...perhaps he can be our cameraguy next time...:cool:

Are you kidding? I would be happy just to see his T running for longer than a couple of seconds :D

Just kidding El...;)

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
Are you kidding? I would be happy just to see his T running for longer than a couple of seconds :D

Just kidding El...;)
That's probably true. I'm off to the lhs in a few to see what they say is wrong, Bobby's working. The engine runs great it just seems to have not pawer at times and others it has plenty.

Hey El, did I see somewhere that your truck is a .21? I could see something is not right in the vid. That's what my Fantom did. Ran good sometimes, and real poor the next. Mine was carb problems, so that might be somewhere to start looking. Good luck!

Perhaps the cold air intake mod is not working as planned...if the extension tube is too long (no way to tell you how long it should be), then the motor will starve for air and not get the right mixture.

I will now refute my own supposition by saying that the motor didn't really seem to be the issue. It seemed to be something in the power transfer from motor to wheels (the drive train itself)...we know you had a bad front diff, we suspect the clutch, might be something in the tranny (except it worked great no matter which gear it got stuck in), perhaps the mesh is off on the spur/clutch combo (naahh, we'd of seen that in a more dramatic fashion of gears eating each other)...With all of the wet running, perhaps you have water in the tranny and diffs...these are dry lube gearboxes...the water may be causing things to slip over each other rather than grab as the gears are meant to do...running out of ideas...I hope Bobby figures it out for you...:D

Are we up for a run this Sunday?

Back