A bit of a snag

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yachtnutz

RCTalk Basher
Supporter
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Crawling
  2. Scale Builder
  3. Boating
So I have my sensored motor installed and my problem is the 3 motor wires won’t reach all the way to the ESC connections ,so my question is can I add an extension wires to the already existing motor wires about 3 to 4 inches long, or can I just install longer wires from the sensored motor to the ESC ? Here’s some pictures for reference!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

You can put new wires on from motor to bullet plugs . can you rotate esc 180 degrees?

You can put new wires on from motor to bullet plugs . can you rotate esc 180 degrees?
No unless I extend the wires to the battery ?

So I have my sensored motor installed and my problem is the 3 motor wires won’t reach all the way to the ESC connections ,so my question is can I add an extension wires to the already existing motor wires about 3 to 4 inches long, or can I just install longer wires from the sensored motor to the ESC ? Here’s some pictures for reference!

View attachment 151236

View attachment 151237

View attachment 151239

View attachment 151240
Yes, you can use extensions.

A lot of RTR RC's come with bullet connectors between the motor and ESC, so you can pull one without having to unsolder. Just run some wires from ESC with bullets to the motor wires. Good to go.

View attachment 151236

View attachment 151237

View attachment 151239

View attachment 151240
Are these what you are looking for? https://www.amazon.com/Apex-RC-Prod...t=&hvlocphy=9005776&hvtargid=pla-570796941297

Do you have calipers? You'll have to measure those bullet connectors and order the correct ones. Those look like 5.5mm bullets if that's 10 awg wire. But just guessing here.

I did do that they are 6.5mm bullets with 10 gauge wires !

They are 6.5mm bullets with 10 gauge wire . I just don want to hurt the ESC or motor wasn’t sure ?
Just get some bullets and make the mating leads on the ESC. Nothing at all wrong with having a disconnect between the motor and ESC.

They are 6.5mm bullets with 10 gauge wire . I just don want to hurt the ESC or motor wasn’t sure ?
Then, these are what you are looking for: https://www.amazon.com/6-5MM-Bullet-Female-Castle-Extension/dp/B07ZC9RTFZ A bit of advice from personal experience, put the extensions on the motor, and then put heat shrink tubing over the connections, so they look like the pic. If not, you will have issues with them losing connection fairly quickly, due to dirt and moisture in the connection.
2012-10-12 16.48.22.jpg

Then, these are what you are looking for: https://www.amazon.com/6-5MM-Bullet-Female-Castle-Extension/dp/B07ZC9RTFZ A bit of advice from personal experience, put the extensions on the motor, and then put heat shrink tubing over the connections, so they look like the pic. If not, you will have issues with them losing connection fairly quickly, due to dirt and moisture in the connection.
View attachment 151282
Wow that is exactly what I was talking about thanks , I didn’t know they even existed you rock ! Just ordered a set !

Last edited: