9.6 volt Tyco Turbo Fast Traxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsbuickman

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hiya Guys :) . They may not be hobby quality but I've always had an affinity for the fast Traxx. I've had five or six of them since they came out when I was younger. All the fast Traxx models that I had were the blaze yellow 49MHz mini truck bodies, unfortunately I don't have any of them anymore and I've actually been on the search for another fast Traxx here locally for the last couple years. Well, I finally found one. It may not be the truck body that I was looking for but it's still one hell of a score. A first gen Turbo FAST Traxx from 1990, still new in the box and still sealed with the original tape that they quit making quite a few years ago. I gave him $80 for it because other models like this that are still new are selling for about $200 these days since they've become quite collectible over the last couple of years. I primarily bought it as a shelf Queen and to run in the snow come winter.

tmp-cam-261368720.jpg
tmp-cam-1925211745.jpg
tmp-cam-188204949.jpg
tmp-cam-1090787304.jpg

I can remember growing up and having a Radio Shack in the mall and seeing these things for the first time.

My first RC was a radio shack golden arrow. Broke it 5 minutes in... the esc's/control board in those things did not like snow/water at all.

Ha ha, I agree, the RadioShack RC vehicles left a lot to be desired for sure. The fast Traxx models maybe toy quality but they're still a blast to play with and it might actually feel kind of like a sin to take this one out of the original packaging and put it through its paces if I ever decide to run it. One of my first rc Vehicles was the 9.6 volt turbo Bandit which was a pickup truck variant of the fast Traxx. It was a 2 wheel drive pickup instead of having tank tracks on it but the wheelbase was identical to the fast Traxx and you could change the bodies from one to the other if you wanted to

Hiya Guys :) . They may not be hobby quality but I've always had an affinity for the fast Traxx. I've had five or six of them since they came out when I was younger. All the fast Traxx models that I had were the blaze yellow 49MHz mini truck bodies, unfortunately I don't have any of them anymore and I've actually been on the search for another fast Traxx here locally for the last couple years. Well, I finally found one. It may not be the truck body that I was looking for but it's still one hell of a score. A first gen Turbo FAST Traxx from 1990, still new in the box and still sealed with the original tape that they quit making quite a few years ago. I gave him $80 for it because other models like this that are still new are selling for about $200 these days since they've become quite collectible over the last couple of years. I primarily bought it as a shelf Queen and to run in the snow come winter.

View attachment 94183View attachment 94184View attachment 94185View attachment 94186
I have the Neon Green Fast Traxx Never out of the box. It sat in a garage. I want to try it out but worried it will ruin it's value.

RC Fast Traxx. Has never been out of the box

Attachments

• IMG-1592.JPG
    IMG-1592.JPG
    276.6 KB · Views: 189