75MHz vs 2.4GHz radios

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessF

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok guys I'm looking into getting a new radio and I'm torn between 2 models.

the Futaba 3PKS Super 3ch Synth w/R303FHS and the Spectrum DX3S 3-Ch DSM.

The spectrum sports the 2.4GHz technology, which I only mildly understand to be glitch and interference free. The Futaba is running 75MHz which would make it more prone to interference than the 2.4GHz?

The spectrum runs on 4AA batteries were as the Futaba runs on a 700mah battery pack. Larger pack means fewer charges needed during a day of racing or bashing?

In the end, I don't want my truck running because of interference, the rest the transmitter offers is a bonus.

which do you guys prefer?

Neither.....Go with a 3PM fasst!! Best bang for you're buck 2.4ghz radio on the market IMO.

so neither radio has anything worth considering?

The 3PKS can do either 75MHZ or 2.4 FASST with just a module change. I have a 3PKS and run both 75MHZ FM and 2.4 with it. It is a fantastic radio. But if you are a basher it is a bit more than most people need. I also have a Futaba 3PM 2.4 FASST. Great basher radio, very glitch free. I like Futaba much better than Spectrum...but that is "personal preference".

a module and receiver change I see, in the end the radio setup I was looking at would cost well over $500, might as well get the 4pk and be done with it.

The 3pm should be fine.

Well I got my 3PKS from a friend who was giving up the habit. So It came 2.4 already. I had the 3PM FASST so I had a few 2.4 Futaba receivers for it. I got a truck off ebay that had a nice Novak XXT FM receiver so I said WTF and got a FM syth mod for it. So now my racers I run 2.4 and my bashers are 75MHZ FM all from the same radio.

sweet deal. I"ve just purchased the 3pm. If at some point I want to upgrade I'll get the 3pks and switch the modules.