'72 Lexan chevy body mod Please Help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitroking

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well i am getting 2 '72 chevy bodys so i can make an extended cab and duelly fenders. Well i have a prob.i dont know what to use to attache the lexan together i thought where i would put the back door against the front door i could put a strip of lexan with shoo glue on it. And the same with when i reattache the bed. BUt i dont know about the fenders.Somebody please help:doh:

I can't go into a store anymore without looking at blister packs that products come in. When I find something that serves the purpose, such as a hood scoop, I buy it. Sometimes what's inside is usefull. If it's not, I give it to someone who can use it. If it's a toy, I buy it, keep the packaging and give the toy to the neighbor's kid. Just check the thickness of the packaging. Most are too thin, and will crumple when hit, but some are as good as the lexan that the bodies are made of.
Just look around, and sooner or later you'll see your fenders.

Rolex i am making the fenders out of lexan i am gonna cut out the rear fenders. Thanks EP

if i am gonna use shoo glue i am gonna need to find a way to attache every thing together temporarly so i can apply the mask and pain6t it

Thanks Olds that is a good idea just glue it on the outside.I was thik just using masking tape on the out side but hot glue should work better

I would try it on a piece of scrap first, obviously. Just to be sure that it doesn't deform anything. Hate to see you waste a brand new body due to something I said.

Ok, I missunderstood. Thought you were wondering how to make them.
Paint the body and the fenders separately, then cut some lexan strips or angles, whatever, and shoo goo them after it's painted. I don't think you can get a good job by gooing them first, and then doing the paint.

Well they should be easy since in the '70s the fenders were more square then round and i am gonna have to hot glue the fender on since the mask will run down into the fenders.after i try it on a scrap

Back