4WD stadium truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC10GT-GUY

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Anyone know if any Co. make a 4WD stadium truck??? any one know and if there is one is it wany good???

hpi makes one... probly other places too... kyosho maybe? i dont think they are real good though compared to the 2wd counter parts

The HPI NMT2. My friend has a regular NMT and it is pretty good. Not bad for a first kit/RTR stadium truck.

The new GS Storm SUT is really a stadium truck. Even though they consider it a Monster truck. The SUT has gotten very good reviews in the new issue of RC Car Action Monster Truck.

I'm pretty fond of my HPI Nitro MT. but it has a few aftermarket pieces to make it acceptable in my eyes. aluminum arms, threaded shocks, turnbuckles, replaced engine, and next on the list is aluminum shock towers. after the shock towers i would deem it durable enough and adjustable enough to be competetive with the 2wd race trucks.

Yeah the HPI is the only one I know of. I love my little NMT and even with the weak ass 15fe it still hauls if tuned and geared properly. I can break all four tires loose on pavement with mine. I'm still trying to tweek it so it flies correctly. I can't keep the nose from diving once in the air. I've tried all kindsof springs and shock oil. It might just be nose heavy but anyway, I'll get it figured eventually.

If you are planning on racing they may not allow you to run in the same class as the other stadium trucks. Unfair advantage and all.

there's the hpi nmt2 like veryone said, and then i think cen also makes one...

They arent race legal, so i wouldnt get one if you are ever planning to race...

Buggyracer28 said:
They arent race legal, so i wouldnt get one if you are ever planning to race...

maybe not where you run, but there are a couple NMT's racing with the 2wds where i race. check your local tracks rulls before you decide though, cause its a track to track situation. in the grand scheme of things though its all about fun and including everyone so i doubt they would tell you no unless its an official event.

4wd stadium trucks

Just wanted to mention the Kyosho Stadium Force and also the new MRC/Academy RT4-GP 4wd stadium racer. Out of all I've seen so far, the MRC appears to be the most race worthy. The included equipment and chassis dimensions on the MRC are the closest to race spec. Haven't yet seen it listed with any major hobby stores, but you can buy it direct. They are currently running a deal on it where if you purchase the truck you get a 1.8hp Epic .18 for $95. I haven't dealt with either truck but wanted to throw these in the mix too.

Corradopsi Where do you race in lancaster

highflyin said:
Corradopsi Where do you race in lancaster
for off-road i go to Pit Stop Hobbies in Mount Joy. if you go to the bottom of thier page, they have a track FAQ which includes the classes.

i have also had hobby town in reading pa, tell me that if i come out to race with my NMT i will be welcomed and that they will allow me to run.

Last edited:
the traxxas S-maxx is suppossed to be released soon.it's kind of a monster truck-stadium truck cross.it's 2-WD and will have a 4-WD module available.it looks pretty promising to me,wouldn't be a bad idea for people who want an MT at a lower cost too.see it here

That "s-Maxx is just the SportMaxx in another shell. same mill, same rear wheel drive. I wouldn't get that one. I would rather just get a NMT or NMT2. The RC10 GT an XXX-NT are exceptional rides

That and the fact that the S-Maxx is in the monster truck category. We are discussing GT and xxxnt sized vehicles. :rolleyes:

The Schumacher Menace is another one, although it's a brutally-fast, big-block, 3-speed, 4WD stadium truck. The HPI truck is by far the most popular and can be a lot of fun. Some tracks let them run with the monster trucks, and some let them run with the stadium trucks. Never know.

The CEN Fun Factor ST2 is a 1/10-scale 4WD stadium truck, but it's got a 2-speed transmission. It's basically the CEN MT2 but with smaller tires. Fast truck! Not nearly as fast as the Menace, but faster than the rest.

As for the GS SUT, that's not a stadium truck in the normal sense at all in my opinion. Some people are starting to call the truggies "stadium trucks", but that's really confusing the issue. Maybe calling them 4WD 1/8-scale stadium trucks isn't too far off, but they run Maxx-size wheels and they really don't look anything like your "typical" NMT or Academy, etc. Same with the Traxxas Stadium Maxx, but that's even less like a stadium truck. That one is basically a Sport Maxx with a 2-speed and a different body, wheels, and tires.

I have had a MT2 for a while and it is great... raceing is a downfall but for a backyard basher and BYT enthusiest this truck is great.. they make enough aftermarket parts but not so many that evrybody has them..... witch is awsome... i have yet to break a part after puting my first amp on it... GET THIS TRUCK.....and have tons of fun beating the hell out of it..

Back