4s/6s upgrade , traxxas vs team associated

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If i go arrma i will go kraton. Outcast notorious look very short and possibly tough to control
Kratons are awesome. My Outcast is a beast though, and a total wheelie machine. I pretty much just bought it so my nephew could run 6s with me, and I honestly didn’t expect to like it nearly as much as I do. It’s a real hoot and will go through almost anything. But yeah, a Kraton is a great choice, it’s an all ’rounder for sure. All said, if I could only have one I’d choose my Typhon every day and twice on Sunday.

Kratons are awesome. My Outcast is a beast though, and a total wheelie machine. I pretty much just bought it so my nephew could run 6s with me, and I honestly didn’t expect to like it nearly as much as I do. It’s a real hoot and will go through almost anything. But yeah, a Kraton is a great choice, it’s an all ’rounder for sure. All said, if I could only have one I’d choose my Typhon every day and twice on Sunday.
I see the outcast being like my mt10( but 4s and 6s) .. on 2s its fun, on 3s its fun for about 5min then I'm sick of it floppin around like a fish out of water.
Really regretting not buyin a kraton when they had the sale last week

Last edited:
If i go arrma i will go kraton. Outcast notorious look very short and possibly tough to control
It's tougher than the kraton, but not like driving my stampede (on 4S) or maxx v2 (on 6S). I run a max6/4092 1650kv in my outcast with a 19T pinion and it's pretty crazy, but not undrivable. 300wt in the center keeps it pretty mild until you want crazy. The kraton with the same system in it was very tame. I just put a 4985/1650kv in it and bumped the pinion from 19 to 21 to see how that does... now it's about on par with the outcast.

Overpowering is easy. Controlling the overpowering is hard.

Basher MT10 gives me all I want on 2s. Eventually through attrition, its LiPo's will get replaced with LiHV for a bit more 2s voltage. Still well within the controllable range. MT10's practical limit is 2s.

Speed version MT10 is easing into 3s power-still wants to lift the front above 50mph. Going to an 18T pinion to kill some of the torque and add a mph or two. It carries a 3s shorty LiHV, charged as a LiPo. Eventually upgrading to a full length LiPo for the chassis weight. Thoughts of a 4s MT10 for speed linger, but again the practical limit as I see it for an on-road MT10 is 3s. That and the inability to change spur gear tooth count. Swiveling motor mount is iffy too for even 3s, let alone 4s.

Little disappointed in the aftermarket support for the MT10. And AE seems not in any hurry to develop the MT10 beyond what it is now. That, to me, is a heavy weighting factor tipping the choice into the TRX arena in choosing between the two. And AE's customer support does not seem up to the level it achieved as a racing icon. Can't talk to TRX customer support beyond the fact that I can still get replacement and upgrade parts for my twenty-year-old 2WD Rustler. Try finding RC10T parts, if at all, for a reasonable price. I know, at one time not long ago, having five.

Faced with choosing between the two, TRX gets the nod.

For what it's worth, my 2cents. Cheers. 'AC'

Sooo i bought this today
Screenshot_20220517-185000.png
Screenshot_20220517-185009.png

Back