4.6 MGT Starting Problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicky G

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought this from someone that had "trouble tuning it" so I tried starting it the first time (drill start) and it eventually started up, then ran away on me and died on its own. So I reset it to factory tune settings and I tried starting it numerous times and now it feels like it isnt catching. Please refer to the video.

There's a OWB (One Way Bearing) in there that's slipping from too much oil residue. Remove it and clean it with alcohol. Do the same for the shaft it rides on. Just make sure to put it back the same way. It only turns ONE way.

No luck with cleaning it. Should I replace it all together?
There's a OWB (One Way Bearing) in there that's slipping from too much oil residue. Remove it and clean it with alcohol. Do the same for the shaft it rides on. Just make sure to put it back the same way. It only turns ONE way.

If the cleaning didn't help, it's probably either badly worn or the outer race is cracked. Time for a new one. Hopefully you don't have a bad groove worn into the crank.