4.6 engine HSN needle settings

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1500valk

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
K4.6 HSN, cannot see the factory setting mark....

Can anyone tell me how many turns from all the way in is the factory setting for HSN? I cannot see the line that marks the factory setting (eyes are not so good close up), so number of turns from all the way in is the only way for me to tell.

Last edited:
Anyway, I think I got it back to factory, and went out to finish the break-in. Anyway, factory settings are so rich, there is no way to get it over 110 degrees at the plug. So I leaned it out a full turn, plenty of blue smoke, and ran it around for 5 minutes. Temp checks every 30 seconds revealed a 210-220 degree temperature. Looks like it's starting to break in, finally. And even with these settings, it did shift into second....

as long as you don't go above 220 you should be fine. Less than 200 your not doing anything and above your too hot.

Ok, well, it should be fine, then. Someone had mentioned that it won't start to shift for a while, but mine sure is. Maybe the transmission is set to shift too early. Will check that later, after completely broken in. I have my Venom fail safe set to cut back on throttle at around 240 degrees, so I am pretty safe there.
I did check number of turns from fully closed, also. My needle is 2 and 1/2 turns from fully closed, which is what the s-25 manual recommends. Seems like I can go even leaner when the engine is broken in, since we are barely getting into the low 200's on temps.....