4.1 diff. gears

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poorman

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My 4.1 savage has gone thru two sets of differential and four differential input bevel gears.I just put new front and rear diffs and new input gears front and rear.And all four corners got new bearings,uprights and axel holders.I took it out the other day ran great in two wheel drive cause I took the front screw shaft out and put it in my 4.6 because it keeps shearing shaft pins in the rear but thats another problem.Anyways the 4.1 ran great then when I got in a little mud munch munch there went the gears AGIAN what the####this is getting costly and its no fun, spending way to much time in the garage.Any ideas or thoughts are welcome.

You'll be crunching diffs constantly if you're running RWD only. Because of the size, power and weight, the Savvy HAS to be 4WD.

You'll be crunching diffs constantly if you're running RWD only. Because of the size, power and weight, the Savvy HAS to be 4WD.

Thanks for the reply I only ran 2wd that one time.It tore up the diffs. in 4wd twice.Could it be my slipper clutch?

do you have metal diff cups? did you shim the diffs? loosening the slipper will help some.

Thanks for the reply I only ran 2wd that one time.It tore the diffs. up in 4wd twice.Could it be my slipper clutch?

Back