3 years out and getting the bug again but this time want to try electric but which one ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjohn

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi all its been a while since I posted on here so hello to all again!! I previously had nitro rc's but I fancy a chance as don't have to time to mess around with nitro so been looking at some videos on electric brushless and shocked at how fast these things are!! But I'm on a real tight budget this time round and most of you will laugh at the buggy I'm interested in which is the nitrotek/acme bullet brushless it's £160 all in rtr but there is not a great deal of reviews on this but you get a lot for yr money so are these any good??
3650kv motor 60amp and 11.1 lipo 3s with 2.4g control etc... so for the money what do you think I won't be racing it's just for fun running around fields etc thanks

Welcome back!! You're right about the ease of electric RC vs Nitro, I love my nitro rigs but you really need more time when you run nitro than you do with electric. I did a quick search and there weren't many good reviews of Acme kits. Have you had a look over on http://www.modelsport.co.uk? They have decent prices and I've never had an issue with them. I'd look at the Traxxas Rustler or Bandit, same platform and can be changed to each other but the Bandit is £20 cheaper.

PLEASE dont buy an acme kit. RUN AWAY! lol, If you want an affordable buggy Id look at OFNA.

Yea stick to the main names, Traxxas, OFNA, Team Associated, Axial, HPI. You wont be sorry ya did.

Back